New owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgrigsby

Reaction score
Hey guys, just joined. First Ford in a while. Had 3 Tundras and 2 Sequoias in the last 5 years. Yeah I know... Really wanted back in the SUV game for people moving.

Just bought a black 2018 Limited Monday. It was the GM's demo. I went to look at a silver one that was used but it ended up being a rental car in it's past life and looked a little rougher than I wanted. Ended up with a black one. Traded my black '18 Platinum Tundra in on it. Keeping it down is a part time job unfortunately.

Really impressed so far except the drivers door squeak when I press my left leg against it while driving. Kind of annoying. Also, seems like there's a lot of hood movement at highway speeds. Anyone else have these issues?

Anyways, just wanted to say hey. We don't have White Castle where I live so I stop whenever I come to Indy, haha.

Chuck

6ff774e75a551384eefd1a706d7bbfa5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really impressed so far except the drivers door squeak when I press my left leg against it while driving. Kind of annoying. Also, seems like there's a lot of hood movement at highway speeds. Anyone else have these issues?

Hey, Chuck - the rattle problem has been noted on here a few times...it’s limited to the Limiteds. Someone on here had success addressing it by taking an index card, shoving it into the door between the handle and the doorcard. He did a great job explaining it but I can’t find the post right now. I’ll look and post back here if I find it.

And congrats on the purchase!

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1 on the squeak, it's the wood effect in Limited's that causes the issue.

Hood flex is scary, particularly if the wind is blowing across right to left and a semi passes you on other side of a 2 lane. First time it happened I actually pulled over to verify the hood was latched. Seems to be an issue on the F150 as well and a few GMs with aluminum hoods are doing it as well.

One wonders what happens as the aluminum work hardens and gets brittle? So far none of the F150s have had issues so guess we are good for now.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1483053-hood-flex-with-wind-gust.html

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/hood-flex-324090/

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've noticed that some vehicles have two hood latches with each latch more or less behind each headlight. I had a Fusion as a loaner and it had the two hood latches which may be a better design to prevent the buffeting/flex issues. I've noticed my hood gets buffeted quite a bit on the highway as well. Not confidence inspiring.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, just joined. First Ford in a while. Had 3 Tundras and 2 Sequoias in the last 5 years. Yeah I know... Really wanted back in the SUV game for people moving.

Just bought a black 2018 Limited Monday. It was the GM's demo. I went to look at a silver one that was used but it ended up being a rental car in it's past life and looked a little rougher than I wanted. Ended up with a black one. Traded my black '18 Platinum Tundra in on it. Keeping it down is a part time job unfortunately.

Anyways, just wanted to say hey. We don't have White Castle where I live so I stop whenever I come to Indy, haha.

Chuck

Hey Chuck......nice Expy!! Hope you really enjoy it as I do ours. I am related to the Grigsby’s who moved to my area in the 1730s/1740s, so if I see your Expy on the side of the road, I’m stopping cause kin gotta help kin!! Be safe!!

OP
OP
C

cgrigsby

Reaction score
Hey Chuck......nice Expy!! Hope you really enjoy it as I do ours. I am related to the Grigsby’s who moved to my area in the 1730s/1740s, so if I see your Expy on the side of the road, I’m stopping cause kin gotta help kin!! Be safe!!

Hopefully that'll never happen, haha.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Ordered LED puddle lamps and license plate bills, and a rear weathertech cargo protector today.

Gawd that auto start is annoying. I'm a Locomotive Engineer (train driver) and we have that on our engines at work. Doesn't do it as fast as the expy, haha. Little harder to get 4400 hp cranked.

Searched the forum and couldn't find the fix for the squeaky door card. That's annoying too. Of course it rained for about 18 seconds today so the expy looks like crap.

Chuck

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey, Chuck - the rattle problem has been noted on here a few times...it’s limited to the Limiteds. Someone on here had success addressing it by taking an index card, shoving it into the door between the handle and the doorcard. He did a great job explaining it but I can’t find the post right now. I’ll look and post back here if I find it.

And congrats on the purchase!

FOUND IT!!!

Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...orum.com/index.php?posts/308489/&share_type=t

(It’s post #121 (or thereabouts) on that thread if the link doesn’t work)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman