New Expedition owner, some Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought I put my stickers 7" from the ball, but when I measured the center to ball distance it came in a hair under 9.5" which was the minimum allowable, so I set that, and when I tried to use it, it complained it couldn't 'see' the stickers. not going to worry about it for now.

I need to figure out my minimum turning circle when towing... the trailer touched a tailight when I made a U turn, thankfully didn't crack it. My last two trucks could do a full stop turn going forward without touching the trailer. I need to make a U turn in my driveway to be heading back out, and there's barely enough room. it was really painful in with my older Super Duty, I had to back the trailer up into the woods between two trees before I could get it facing outwards.

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some timberline wheels would look good on there.

probably would, I was looking for FX4 wheels but couldn't find any, I would have been happy with standard XLT 18's but couldn't find any.... I *did* find this set of 2022 F150 STX "Appearance Package" wheels, 18x8.5 ET44, OE tires with 10 miles on them....

24c10f954be3751b176ebb679f45e6b6-S.png

they should be here by early next week, I'll post a pic once they are mounted.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought I put my stickers 7" from the ball, but when I measured the center to ball distance it came in a hair under 9.5" which was the minimum allowable, so I set that, and when I tried to use it, it complained it couldn't 'see' the stickers. not going to worry about it for now.

I need to figure out my minimum turning circle when towing... the trailer touched a tailight when I made a U turn, thankfully didn't crack it.
You got off better than me. I cracked my taillight turning in my cul-de-sac first time I brought my camper home. If I'd known I was going to get a camper I would have sprung for a house with a wider lot. Now the opportunity is lost with these interest rates!

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've read the LED tail lights are like $1200-1500 each :-O

ok, looked them up on Tasca Parts, if I found the right ones (KL1Z-13405-B (L), KL1Z-13404-B (R), they are just under $1000 each, still, OUCH. I hit a taillight backing a trailer up on my 2002 f250 and it was like $40 :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire