New owner, plug and boot advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One more quick question before I change them out... What is the proper torque spec for these on the 2010? With as temperamental as they appear, I really want to make sure I don't overtighten them.

thanks.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more quick question before I change them out... What is the proper torque spec for these on the 2010? With as temperamental as they appear, I really want to make sure I don't overtighten them.

thanks.
The factory setting is 15 ft/lbs but you might want to consider this from: http://www.blownoutsparkplug.com/faqs.htm#Q: Why do you prefer 28-32 foot lbs torque instead of the factory specification

Q: Why do you prefer 28 foot lbs torque instead of the factory specification?
A: Over the past few years we have heard from many of our customers that they tightened their plugs to the correct torque but they still came loose. We worked with 10 other Ford Certified Master Mechanics and concluded that 28 foot lbs of torque would be satisfactory. We have been using 28 foot lbs of torque for many years and have never had one come loose or strip out. To verify that we would not damage the original threads we used a test cylinder head with good factory threads we applied over 100 foot lbs of torque to the spark plug without any failure.

OP
OP
D

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. Hoping to get to it next week. Still waiting for the boots to get back in stock to order those.