New Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 25k miles on Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S II on my 22” Expy stock rims I am super pleased how these tires perform. Improved steering response, good wet traction, truck tracks well while towing. Had Continental Cross Contacts on my 2008 Expy with stock 20” rims. There’s life was disappointing and my truck did not track as well while pulling my boat as the older generation Scorpions. My current Pirelli’s tread life is significant better than the older generation Scorpions

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 25k miles on Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S II on my 22” Expy stock rims I am super pleased how these tires perform. Improved steering response, good wet traction, truck tracks well while towing. Had Continental Cross Contacts on my 2008 Expy with stock 20” rims. There’s life was disappointing and my truck did not track as well while pulling my boat as the older generation Scorpions. My current Pirelli’s tread life is significant better than the older generation Scorpions
Great info. Thank you!

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just put 285/45/22’s BFG Trail Terrains t/a on today. Brand new tire came out in September. It’s basically an updated version of the Advantage pro t/a which has been a great tire except it lacked good snow performance. They added some more side wall lugg and fixed the lack of siping.

3peak rated
So far nothing noticeably much different from stock regarding noise or ride quality. Definitely a big step up in quality, durability and traction over the stock car tires. Initial reviews indicate mileage impact will likely be marginal or zero. So will be interesting to see how that goes.

Attachments

• 0CA065F9-52D6-4E6B-9AA3-8BFCC71B971E.jpeg
    0CA065F9-52D6-4E6B-9AA3-8BFCC71B971E.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 25

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have now logged about 500 miles on the Pirelli Verde all season 3... so far I am liking them way better than the Hankooks, quieter on freeway and they hookup better when I get on it. No rain yet, but it can't be worse than the hankooks

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on the Pirelli Scorpion AS 3's. They filled the PSI a little higher than I normally drive but MAYBE detected a little more smooth of a ride but it very well could be just for the fact that I wanted them to feel that way!

Regardless, I know they'll be better overall in all weather than the Hankook's and the tire does give off a little more of a sporty vibe. Hard to describe but on my 22" wheel it juts out a bit right where the tire meets the wheel, similar to a low profile tire. This should be a good thing to avoid dings on the wheels!

Nice to finally have a top of the line tire on this car!

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to hear on some replacement options on our cars vs. the stock ones.

I've never been in a SUV more willing to swap front and rear ends when turning on wet concrete than with the stock 22" Hankooks.

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I've never been in a SUV more willing to swap front and rear ends when turning on wet concrete than with the stock 22" Hankooks.
Yes! And for the southerns with 2wd we get to experience this with all weather conditions! Good tires are needed.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had two sets of Pirellis on the wife's former MKX. For the second set, I bought the road hazard warranty as Pirellis seem to have soft sidewalls easily punctured by road debris. In a little over a year we had two replaced under warranty for unrepairable punctures to the shoulder/sidewalls. I had been avoiding buying tire warranties for a while, but was thankful this time. And even with a warranty covering a single tire, you can still be on the hook for additional replacement costs with 4-wheel/all-wheel drive vehicles where tires must be replaced in pairs or all-at-once.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I fricking hate these farking Hankooks in the rain. Snow/Wet mode helps a little, but I cant wait to wear them down. I see some donuts in my future.

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
B39E6E3D-47FF-4E76-A956-EC9449245E8C.jpegI fricking hate these farking Hankooks in the rain. Snow/Wet mode helps a little, but I cant wait to wear them down. I see some donuts in my future.
I felt the exact same way! I replaced mine with 6/32” left so I’m sure I could have kept pushing them another year but when the tires were not good in snow the prior year I knew it was only going to be worse this year!

All shined up these look pretty nice for all seasons. Very happy.