New plugs and COPs for my '11

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After a nagging stumble under acceleration that has existed since last year, I've decided to get new plugs and coils. Under moderate acceleration, like up an entrance ramp, I can feel the truck repeatedly "stumble". It's a quick momentary loss of power like a cylinder is dropping or misfiring. The CEL doesn't light and Torque Pro doesn't show any misfires. But it's there. It happens regardless of weather or engine temperature. Also, the mileage is less than stellar. On a ~180 mile trip (cold weather), being very careful (65 mph tops), I only got 16.5 MPG. I've got about 60,000 miles on it.
So I got a set of Champion 9406 Iridium plugs and an 8 pack of Accel 140033E coils. Of course I don't have a 9/16 or 14mm socket deep enough to get the plugs out. I ordered the proper socket. So instead of this Saturday being the day, it'll be next Saturday.
Wish me luck.

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck and kindly let us know the result. Good day

thenaaks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Save those old coils. Shouldn't be bad with only 60k. I'll also add that most people use the oem spark plugs. Engines (all makes) these days are picky about spark plugs.

That being said, i hope you get your stumble fixed.

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The stumble is fixed. No more hiccuping as I accelerate. Nice and smooth. I'm not sure if it's just in my head, but I seem to get better off-idle response as well. The plugs all looked pretty much the same. None stood out as a trouble maker. Those got tossed.
I have saved the old coils if anyone wants them. There's a bad one in the lot though. Not sure which one. Pot-Luck!

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The last time I tested mileage on a 165 mile trip I got 16.5 MPG being VERY careful. This time I got 19.3. Sweet.