New purchase dilemma...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because they think their increased trade value makes it a great deal.

True enough...

Whether the market is on a high or low really is irrelevant. What matters is whether or not you successfully negotiated a good deal on the purchase and whether or not you are happy with it.
"Book" values are only good as a reference when comparing different offers and as negotiating tools. I could not care less if the "book" says vehicle A is worth X dollars if I don't like it. Therefore, it is me, the consumer, who sets the value.

As to the OP, if the trade in value has increased, so has the purchase value. As long as you are happy about the difference and are getting an acceptable value, then your good.

Your money, your deal, you need to be good with it. No one likes to climb into the driver's seat of a vehicle they feel they got taken to the cleaners in (been there).

OP
OP
M

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
True enough...

Whether the market is on a high or low really is irrelevant. What matters is whether or not you successfully negotiated a good deal on the purchase and whether or not you are happy with it.
"Book" values are only good as a reference when comparing different offers and as negotiating tools. I could not care less if the "book" says vehicle A is worth X dollars if I don't like it. Therefore, it is me, the consumer, who sets the value.

As to the OP, if the trade in value has increased, so has the purchase value. As long as you are happy about the difference and are getting an acceptable value, then your good.

Your money, your deal, you need to be good with it. No one likes to climb into the driver's seat of a vehicle they feel they got taken to the cleaners in (been there).
Oh I’m definitely aware of it being a wash when it comes to selling and buying. Same goes for the housing market. You’ll sell high but guess what? You’re gonna be paying the same to buy.

I’m in a bit of a jam because my family can’t wait. Kids are coming and I’ll have to be ready. At this point buying new seems to make more sense than used.

Just called about a 2019 Limited 502a with 24k on the odo. Dealer wanted $64k. New one I can order with same spec goes for $70k. Go figure which is the better deal. Granted you’ll be waiting but ya…

OP
OP
M

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your family can't wait then you can't order new and wait........
I mean we can but only up to a point. I can’t wait tell this time next year but can say till January or February at the latest.