New recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamMeek3

Reaction score
Yes - the safety recall was issued on August 26, 2022, involving a potential HVAC system fire while the vehicle is “on” and involves 2015 - 2017 Expedition and Navigator models. Parts will not be available until sometime in 2023.

It is sad that Ford will not provide the necessary repair parts (and fix the vehicles) for more than four or more months.

Lately, Ford has issued numerous safety recalls involving large numbers of vehicles. It is clear that their quality and reliability has declined, and their ability to repair the vehicles in a timely manner is dubious.
Seeing that I work in manufacturing, it's pointless to throw shade at any company at this time. Pandemic related issues abound due to raw material lead times. Be thankful it's only a few months. Some consumers are waiting YEARS for specialty products.

As far as quality goes, be thankful that you didn't buy a Daimler-era Jeep. I went through a 3.7 and 5.7 engine in 2 Jeeps within 3 months. THAT'S poor build quality...

Be patient young Padawan

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have the same.
Kinda funny they say if your blower motors smokes or catches on ire your Ford dealer will install a temporary blower motor and then the full replacement in 2023.
Ours has a real loud clicking sometimes in the area of blower motor. Might not be the same.
Your ticking is in all probability a blend door controller gone bad, so my reply is off subject. I recently replaced one in my 2011 Expy. The part is cheap, but depending on year and which controller, it might be a pain to replace. This particular Ford mechanic is extremely helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFA57sTEtLU

Michael Egerman

Reaction score
Replaced the blower motor after it started intermittent on and off and noticed a burnt electrical smell. Originally replaced the connection rheostat that was toasted and it burned again within 1 month. Had to replace the motor this time as well. Ford tells me that the replacement motor for the recall will not be the same OEM rather a new engineered part that will not be available until Spring 2023. Additionally I received a notie for recall of the brake master cylinder/booster, which I have scheduled for replacement with the dealer

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the hvac one today as well. Did you all get the one before on the brake system? My dealer just recieved the parts for it, says atleast a half a day job! I think I will just wait till parts are available for both recalls. As of now I'm not loosing any brake fluid.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seeing that I work in manufacturing, it's pointless to throw shade at any company at this time. Pandemic related issues abound due to raw material lead times. Be thankful it's only a few months. Some consumers are waiting YEARS for specialty products.

As far as quality goes, be thankful that you didn't buy a Daimler-era Jeep. I went through a 3.7 and 5.7 engine in 2 Jeeps within 3 months. THAT'S poor build quality...

Be patient young Padawan

The potentially defective (and dangerous) HVAC fan motors were sourced and built before the COVID pandemic. Ford has been aware of the problem because they issued a TSB instructing dealers to replace the wiring connector pigtail on the motors when servicing them.

Not new technology - parts such as these should be bulletproof, as the technology and manufacturing for them has been in place for years.

Some of the fourth generation models were subject to a safety recall for engine cooling system wiring that could (and did) catch fire on unattended vehicles.

The transmission in my 2015 Expedition was rebuilt earlier this year when it failed under my Ford Premium Care service plan. It took the dealer 51 days after diagnosis.

We’ve become a nation of excuse-makers for poor quality and poor service.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, I got my notice also, I think it is really lame that the issued the notice without the replacement parts.
Not necessarily. They are making you aware of the potential problem (symptoms to look for) and providing a stop gap solution (replace with current motor) until the redone motor is ready. Of course, they are CYA for liability in case of serious fires with the current motor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX