new stereo coming soon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBrandonxx

Reaction score
does anyone know what in dash dvd players fit in a 98 expy? i am getting ready to go shopping for it and was just a little curious. what everyone else is using. double or single din? also another question of mine is, has anyone ever mouted a screen on the roof? i have done all kinds of different stereo things just not that yet. any advice on that would be nice. thank for you inputs.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best way to find out is to go to crutchfield.com...fit my car...put in your information and it'll show everything that will fit and sizes...then take what you see and search internet/ebay/wheverever you want for cheaper pricing...it works...

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have one speed bump to overcome on the first Gen expys there is a metal support used to support the stock stereo which is not needed once you upgrade so it needs to be cut out. If your not comfortable cutting I HIGHLY recommended you take it to a shop because this is such a regular process for those trucks. I biased to double din and pioneer so I will preach about them all day! And Crutchfield is a great site for research and comparison of head units but they will tell you that double dins don't fit because of that stereo support so don't select a vehicle when searching for a deck but if your looking for speakers then put your vehicle info. Sonicelectronics.com is a good cheap place to buy. There prices are soo low that it will raise an eyebrow but dont worry I've done hella business with them

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just installed a Pioneeer AVH-P3200BT into my '01 and I couldn't be happier. I went with this one for several reasons. I did not want a flip up screen and I do not like motorized faces. This limits me to the 5" screen on the 3200, but I am fine with that.

On my Expy, I had to cut a center (plastic) support between the headunit and the climat controls, and had to enlarge the stereo opening slightly as well, but it wasn't anything too overly difficult if you are comfortable at all with a Dremel type tool. I used my Rotrzip with a flex shaft and it went fairly smoothly. Any cuts I made were not structural and are hidden behind the bezel.

I also need to throw a second vote in here for soniceletronix. They had the cheapest prices and, contrary to crutchfield, they will tell you that double dins fit our trucks. I actually ended up going with Amazon.com for my purchase, because they dropped the price on the BT model to what sonic charged. With my employee discount added to that, amazon came in significantly cheaper.