New Timberline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chromo

Reaction score
Just got a Timberline, had one on order from a dealer since February, they ordered it in October. Was supposed to be built in February, was built end of March, chip or part hold for another month, awaiting shipment since. Got a call would be another month and decided to buy off a lot from another dealer. Love the vehicle. Stereo is better than my 2019 Platinum and acceleration is better. Mileage was the same at 22.4 mpg over 400 miles.

Went to replace brush guard, needed to be trimmed some due to front facia differences. Was a swap from the 2019 Platinum.

Big screen does take some getting used to but is great. Memory from some settings does not hold and is frustrating, like from driver's display, or security settings. Not being able to stimulate an analog speedometer/tach is also disappointing.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got a Timberline, had one on order from a dealer since February, they ordered it in October. Was supposed to be built in February, was built end of March, chip or part hold for another month, awaiting shipment since. Got a call would be another month and decided to buy off a lot from another dealer. Love the vehicle. Stereo is better than my 2019 Platinum and acceleration is better. Mileage was the same at 22.4 mpg over 400 miles.

Went to replace brush guard, needed to be trimmed some due to front facia differences. Was a swap from the 2019 Platinum.

Big screen does take some getting used to but is great. Memory from some settings does not hold and is frustrating, like from driver's display, or security settings. Not being able to stimulate an analog speedometer/tach is also disappointing.
I wanted to display the tach and spedo in analog also, but after a few weeks I do not miss the analog look at all.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The settings not persisting through key cycles is a bug. There will be software updates no doubt to address issues.

texman0016

Reaction score

I want to get a brush guard for my 22 Timberline, but couldn't find any that says it'll fit. What did you need to trim for to fit a 2019 onto your 22? I have angle grinders at the ready.

OP
OP
C

Chromo

Reaction score
Had to trim where brush guard bolts onto pieces that are bolted under recovery hooks. Here are pics. Sawzall worked better than angle grinder. I took more than I needed to but should have ground down a little more at top and bottom of the cut. Bottom two pics are before I cut, but show the area that needs to be trimmed.690C82F7-187F-4ED8-BBFB-5165D12E9A78.jpegA739830A-A4A9-4AF6-8126-65BEEE3FC791.jpegDAE038A6-804F-49F1-8891-109E15430B77.jpeg22863AF3-2957-4017-A5BF-B3ADC1E979E2.jpeg

Attachments

• C252B711-19FA-470A-AB3B-C41A7B4C0831.jpeg
    C252B711-19FA-470A-AB3B-C41A7B4C0831.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 5

texman0016

Reaction score
Had to trim where brush guard bolts onto pieces that are bolted under recovery hooks. Here are pics. Sawzall worked better than angle grinder. I took more than I needed to but should have ground down a little more at top and bottom of the cut. Bottom two pics are before I cut, but show the area that needs to be trimmed.View attachment 75042View attachment 75043View attachment 75047View attachment 75048
Awesome pics and thanks for the detailed description!

What brand did you go with?

BTW, you sir, are a brave man lol. I might cut and fabricate some shims from my 3/8 steel targets to push it out a inch or so, but cutting that little bit doesn't look bad at all. Hmmmm

JakeInTexas

Reaction score
Can you post a pic of that brush guard from a distance? I also have a white timberline and been wondering what it would look like. Thanks

OP
OP
C

Chromo

Reaction score
It is a Ranch Hand.

Attachments

• 2F88FB8F-64AD-4331-B440-03291CEF2953.jpeg
    2F88FB8F-64AD-4331-B440-03291CEF2953.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 39