New to 5 Star

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brad1103

Reaction score
Everyone sorry for the newbie question.
I just got the RTD+ from 5 star yesterday. Read the stock file but how do I know it uploaded to the cloud for them to see it? I’ve done tons of tuning on my diesel with MM3 but never with a Bluetooth device.
Thanks for the help

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you're not sure about cloud functionality, you could Email the stock file to 5star and ask for a confirmation Email when the receive it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone sorry for the newbie question.
I just got the RTD+ from 5 star yesterday. Read the stock file but how do I know it uploaded to the cloud for them to see it? I’ve done tons of tuning on my diesel with MM3 but never with a Bluetooth device.
Thanks for the help
I assume you used the new TDN App with an RTD+?

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
Yes sir so I searched and searched the mighty Google. Finally realized I needed the RTD loader software ‍♂️ Downloaded that one and boom worked like it should lol
Old post I know, but how do you like the RTD? I used to have SCT X4 on mine but after I dropped from 93 back to 87, I returned to stock and sold it. I also had an x4 on my last 2016 expedition and used 5 stars e30 tune. Holy $hit balls was it fast for a 6 speed! Looking at possibly buying something here for my Limited soon again but don’t wanna go back to the X4 if I can help it.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@blackedoutlimited I like the RTD (HP-Tuners) you can use the VCM software with it as well to DIAG your vehicle which will also give your tuner of choice more data to fine tune or troubleshoot your custom tunes if needed.

1645051959384.png

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
@blackedoutlimited I like the RTD (HP-Tuners) you can use the VCM software with it as well to DIAG your vehicle which will also give your tuner of choice more data to fine tune or troubleshoot your custom tunes if needed.

View attachment 72287
I like that layout. I have ngauge on my 2020f150 from 5 Star, but seeing as how support for ngauge no longer exists, I’ll be looking at other options for my expedition. Who are you tuned by?

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like that layout. I have ngauge on my 2020f150 from 5 Star, but seeing as how support for ngauge no longer exists, I’ll be looking at other options for my expedition. Who are you tuned by?
5Star, did their 4 tunes & RTD flasher tool bundle back in July 2020. Been really happy with the tunes. I wish I would have chosen the e50 tune back then. Still can't find a fuel station around me with E85 thought. But I want to experience my boosted bus running a e50 tune!

1645061623180.png

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
5Star, did their 4 tunes & RTD flasher tool bundle back in July 2020. Been really happy with the tunes. I wish I would have chosen the e50 tune back then. Still can't find a fuel station around me with E85 thought. But I want to experience my boosted bus running a e50 tune!

View attachment 72292
I had e30 in my last 16 expedition and run 93 and e50 in my 20 f150. So much power lol

Deep8174

Reaction score
Other than dyno numbers can anyone provide anecdotal performance on preloaded tunes v. 5star stock tunes?

I only intend on keeping mine stock with preloaded tunes but considering the street-tow tune from 5star if it helps considerably more for towing.