New to 5 Star

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
@Deep8174 yeah I can. I ran the preloaded tunes from the x4 I bought prior to tuning with 5 Star. 2016 el platinum. The preloaded tunes definitely woke the truck up a bit but performance is nowhere near what even a base tune from 5 Star put out. It was night and day. The truck ran smoother, there was no engine knock, boost and timing were more consistent and the best part was the transmission shifted so smoothly. I was actually surprised at how much of a change there was over the pre loaded tunes. They are good and all but nothing compared to a custom tune. I was afraid to open her up on the canned tunes after running them for a few days and just seeing and feeling how the truck handled them. Plugged the 5 Star tune in and never looked back. I’ve had 2 2016 expeditions on 93 and e30 and currently run their base 93 and e50 tunes on my 2020 f150 3.5L. It’s a monster

Deep8174

Reaction score
Happy to report that it is indeed night and day (canned v 5 star street/tow tune). I also have the 87 perf but haven't loaded that yet.

OP
OP
B

brad1103

Reaction score
I will agree after running the tunes for a little while I really like the way it runs now. I actually did some data logging and sent back to them for some clean up. I wasn't a fan of how the transmission seemed to shift to 9-10th gear at lower speeds. They sent back a revision and man the difference now. Really happy so far and the only tunes I have used are 87 tow/street and just a little driving on 87 performance.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No complaints whatsoever with the SCT, does everything I wanted, prolly because 5 start is so good at what they do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni