new to forum but not a newby Need new tricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't say for sure if the gott's mod is better than what you did, and honestly the difference is probably negligible. Main thing is opening the air intake from stock (cause that opening is really small), how you do it doesnt really matter. The front two O2 sensors are used by the engine for tuning purposes, allowing the engine to calculate the air/fuel ratio. The ones behind the cats are only used for emissions purposes, in order to tell if the cats are "scrubbing" the exhaust like they are supposed to. Not a huge concern unless you need to pass emissions testing.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I did some research recently about mpg and one very cool mod that I have not seen on here yet is the fuel injector upgrade, from bosch gen 2 syle with a single hole to bosch gen 3 with a 4 hole output and faster closing time. wondering if anyone has looked into it... I just ordered them on ebay rebuilt for 100.00

Never heard of this before. I have some new deka 60# injectors that just happen to be 4 hole design that I have yet to install. Be nice if I get better atomization.

Interesting.........

OP
OP
R

rcab85

Reaction score
thanks guys! I did some research about the difference between bosch style 2 and style 3 injectors and the jist of it is obviously the 4 hole compared to 1 hole but also its more precise being it closes faster more precise fuel amounts. I found a set on ebay for 100.00but make sure you only get them from the guy who uses the top of the line ansu machine otherwise your getting a shit set. the yellow generation 3 are direct replacement for the older gen 2. makes sense to me. combine that with a set of headers, k&N, throttle body spacer, and the silencer delete and I think well have a winner. going to take me about a month to get it all together... any other tricks would be appreciated.