New to group - Overlanding Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbum

Reaction score
Good morning! I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Will. I'm an archaeology graduate student at Arizona State. I work as an archaeologist there as well. I'm married and have two kids, 10 and 6. The kids and I love to go camping and exploring.

We recently got a 2000 Expedition. It was a forest ranger vehicle, so it came with a Questar roof spotlight and Rhino-lined interior. I put new Big-O Big Foot tires (33 x 12.50 R 16) on the stock rims and limo-tinted the windows. I have a custom bumper/brush guard that hasn't been mounted yet and a Smittybilt XRC-8 winch that is waiting on the bumper. I mounted a Camping Lab rooftop tent using a Yakima system that also holds my Hi-Lift jack and shovel. I made a custom storage system in the cargo area, using Anvil cases. This system holds camping gear, tools, etc. Now all we need to do to go camping is climb in and drive away.

Plans for the near future:

--3" lift
--roof rack mounted to hood
--CD changer
--graphic wrap by sponsor (Center for the Study of Prehistoric Social Diversity)

Attachments

• DSCN3081.jpg
    DSCN3081.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN3033.jpg
    DSCN3033.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 118

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not too sure about that tent thing but welcome. i also have a the smittybuilt xrc 8k winch on my expy, hidden winch mount.

jasonmcc68

Reaction score
Roof rack on hood sounds interesting!

Check out this tactical bag hood!
ce6fc03b767bf8686bf07bd7--nissan-xterra-offroading.jpg

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk