New to me 2008 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitro_Alltrac

Reaction score
I've had my 2008 EL Limited about a week now. I love it.

It is a one owner, dealer serviced from day 1. It is in great shape and I got a great deal on it so I'm happy.

Coming over from a 2003 Suburban LT which I loved.

I'm really happy with the Expedition so far.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I have an 08 that has been very good to me. How does it compare with your Suburban? I was thinking of switching to a Tahoe next time, as I'm not very fond of the newer Fords.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome, have an '07 with 136,000 miles, very helpful advice here. One of the many things I picked up from the group is change oil as soon as prompted and use motorcraft.

OP
OP
Nitro_Alltrac

Nitro_Alltrac

Reaction score
Welcome. I have an 08 that has been very good to me. How does it compare with your Suburban? I was thinking of switching to a Tahoe next time, as I'm not very fond of the newer Fords.

My Suburban is an '03 and from what I've read was the last the "trucky" Suburbans. The Expedition rides better, more like a car. The steering in the Expedition also feels better.

OP
OP
Nitro_Alltrac

Nitro_Alltrac

Reaction score
Welcome, have an '07 with 136,000 miles, very helpful advice here. One of the many things I picked up from the group is change oil as soon as prompted and use motorcraft.

From the service records and what the previous owner told me, I think that mine has had a steady diet of Motorcraft oil and filters.

From looking at the invoices, it doesn't look like he was paying much for for the dealer oil changes than what I can buy the materials for. I might give the dealer a try for the oil changes. I kind of hate to as I've always done my own maintenance for the most part.

6S1284

Reaction score
I've had my 2008 EL Limited about a week now. I love it.

It is a one owner, dealer serviced from day 1. It is in great shape and I got a great deal on it so I'm happy.

Coming over from a 2003 Suburban LT which I loved.

I'm really happy with the Expedition so far.

May I ask mileage and cost? I am about to put my original owner 2008 EL Eddie Bauer on the market and it has 94,000 miles and has been garage kept entire life. I have not sold a car privately in 20 years. I have looked at Kelly Blue book and the range they give is large - $9,400 - 12,400. You don't have to give me specifics - I understand that may be personal but if you could tell me near bottom middle or top of that range it would be helpful.

Thanks !

OP
OP
Nitro_Alltrac

Nitro_Alltrac

Reaction score
May I ask mileage and cost? I am about to put my original owner 2008 EL Eddie Bauer on the market and it has 94,000 miles and has been garage kept entire life. I have not sold a car privately in 20 years. I have looked at Kelly Blue book and the range they give is large - $9,400 - 12,400. You don't have to give me specifics - I understand that may be personal but if you could tell me near bottom middle or top of that range it would be helpful.

Thanks !

Mine had 164,600 miles. He was asking $7800 but I got it for $7000. I had checked the values before I went to look at it and he was in the low middle range according to KBB. I'm not sure how the KBB values vary from area to area. My seller was just looking to move it as they had a new one coming before the end of the year.