New to me 2016 Expedition EL XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was rear ended turning right into a parking lot when I stopped for a pedestrian that walked out in front of me. Totaled my 2015 Jeep Patriot. The rental was an Expedition and my wife said she wished I could commute in something like this plus for our summer camping trips. Went to a Ford Dealer not expecting to get in one. Got into a 2016 Expedition EL XLT 4WD. So far I have done the update to Sync 3 2.3 and will need to do the USB hub change soon for CarPlay.

I grew up with Ford trucks. Stepfather had an F-250 Diesel for his contracting business, pand Mom had an F-150. When my wife and I started having kids we ended up in a minivan when we had our third child. When our older two kids hit 18 we went from minivan to the Jeep Patriot. The older two are back at home so third row was desired. If the Ford Dealer hadn’t been able to work with us a tragedy would have occurred. I would have been back in a minivan.

I can see why the dealer sent it off the lot with a full tank. Filling it when the display was just below half was painful. 20 gallons. Even though I expected it.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site... can't believe 20 gal just under half

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, the EL is 32.5 gal, 126L. Costs me over $130 ($100 USD) in Canada to fill it.

Usually I drive to the US (about 30 minutes) and fill it for $70 instead. Makes the mail pickup and grocery trip even more worth it.

OP
OP
Dorzak

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
33 gallon tank, just a hair under half, rounded up but put 18.4 gallons in it.

OP
OP
Dorzak

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correction, it is the XLT trim, with 202A equipment package. I fixed the post, but can't missed the title.

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is also a 2016 EL XLT 4WD. What is the sync update that you mentioned? Also the usb hub change? I need to go to the dealer to find out what I have on my vehicle. I was looking at trailers but didn't know what tow package I have. The trailer salesman told me that if I take the vin to a dealer, they can get me the build list.

OP
OP
Dorzak

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have the built in tow brake my understanding is you have the 202A package. Which should be heavy duty towing. Sync 3 software 2.2 or later enables Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The latest version is 2.3. However the hub in the center console doesn’t support Apple CarPlay. The new hub part number is
HC3Z-19A387-B.