New to Me Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoff Clarke

Reaction score
Hi All, not sure if this is the right place but I'm a nee owner of an older 2007 Expedition Max Eddie Bauer. It's the max because I'm Canadian living in Vancouver. I haven't done much to her except a few cosmetic things like plastidip the silver dash parts because they were beat up and put in a new radio. I also replaced the heated/cooled seat module and power window door switch. Everything seems to be good but let me know what to watch for, she's got 250k kms (not miles) so I'm sure things are bound to start going.41B12582-E1E7-4147-9ABA-2E31B1CC0B0B.jpeg 42CFF1F6-82FE-4A85-A1F1-AEA8F6A88764.jpeg

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks nice, I always liked the two tone interior on the EB. The plastidip turned out well it seems. I'd keep going and get rid of the wood. Maybe not go all black but something different for sure. A new radio makes a world of difference in these things. Easily the best upgrade I've done in both of ours.

OP
OP
Geoff Clarke

Geoff Clarke

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually did dip the wood pieces also but was too much black so peeled it off. I'm thinking maybe a gun metal or similar down the road to cover all the wood pieces. Honestly I'm not going to to a ton, it's more a spare vehicle for towing my holiday trailer, Canadian gas up too expensive to drive her all the time and in pretty good condition so I'll probably keep it stock but who knows...

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking a gunmetal/anthracite color in my head while looking at that. Give it a shot, tie in the body color to the interior. Worst case $6 can of plastidip you can use elsewhere.

I hear you on the gas, we have 1 truck that runs 87 and one thats 93. I daily the expy and do 250-300mi a week and right now we are just under $2 a gallon where premium is closer to 3 for the navigator. The Nav sits in the driveway most days, barely 2k miles put on it since we purchased back in the spring. I'm sure you're paying 50% or more greater than that. Liters are fun thay way...