Newbie from Ms. 2006 king ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ron1978

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks

Will be posting pics soon it's been rainy here last couple days

coletrickle

Reaction score
Fyi

I just put my '06 Eddie Bauer in the ford shop at 93,000 miles for the spark plugs and coil pacs giving me fits. They said that they may have a hard time pulling the OEM plugs and they might break. But they didn't and it set me back $700.00 Not bad considering i didn't have to do that. i dropped in a K&N filter about 8,000 miles ago and have noticed a better throttle response. Now that the new plugs are in it runs like a top!! I have a heavy foot when i drive (its my wife's car) and i did notice on our last trip this summer up to Tulsa, OKLA. that when we bought fuel up there that our mpg went up to 15.8 from 14.4 back here in Austin. They don't put that damn ethanol in the fuel up there like they do here. Anyways passing on some info, hope it helps!

coletrickle

Reaction score
MPG and Tuner Question

There has to be some type of tuner out there that will up the mpg for a 5.4L 2006 Expy Eddie Bauer. Any ideas?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
their are tuners out there but not soley just for mpgs...it will affect hp/torque as well...i have superchips cortex 1950 and it has gas saver option...you wont get take off with this option...you cant push it hard either...it slows the truck down...hence the increase in mpgs...others have edge and sct but played with the tunes to get it just right...then theres the custom tune option...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX