Newbie here: 97 Procharged Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just discovered this site. I'm a member on some other Ford forums but never knew this Expy-specific forum existed.

I like to tinker with my toys, like to do the work myself if I've got the time.

She runs pretty good for 3 tons of fun.

Here's a pic of my truck.

Attachments

• img_4936.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 987

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
very nice..... I will be adding an intercooler and a smaller pulley to mine in a couple of weeks. What does your boost curve look like? How musch boost do you see at 1000, 2000 and 3000 rpms with your current setup?
Matt

OP
OP
P

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by green03
very nice..... I will be adding an intercooler and a smaller pulley to mine in a couple of weeks. What does your boost curve look like? How musch boost do you see at 1000, 2000 and 3000 rpms with your current setup?
Matt

My boost gauge isn't hooked up right now and so I have to go by memory.

I see 10.5 psi at 5000 rpm, just before it shifts.

Not much boost at 1000 rpm, but by 3000 rpm I'm seeing about 5 psi.

Ninja

Reaction score
forgive me for being dumb, but was there a procharger option on the expeidition? or is this strictly aftermarket? seems like a kick ass ride to me.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aftermarket, Most people would ***** about the bad gas mileage when making all that extra horsepower. They would take it back to the dealer saying that "I'm only getting about 20 0-60 blasts per half tank so something must be wrong with my truck".....LOL

Most people that have expeditions don't ever really beat on them anyway, some of the people in this forum are the 1% of the population that does.

Matt

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice looking truck i am thinking about putting a kenne bell on ours if i can get the wife to let me i am sure it will help out with gas milage as long as you keep your foot out of it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition