Newbie here, Ding sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

producer4u

Reaction score
I have had my Expedition now for 6 months, 2000 XLT Model, and the last 4 days, I get a Ding sound, with no lights nor warnings.
It only happens once per time the truck is running.
Anyone know anything of this?What should I do?
I have checked all fuses,fluids,and I have a new battery as well.
Just a weird thing, and I am getting ready to hit the highway on family vaction, and don't need unexpected events taken place, If anyone can help, I'd be so grateful.
PEACE

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the windshield washer fluid when it gets low it dings
but the light on the dash goes on .well at least mine does
(upper left corner of cluster)

OP
OP
P

producer4u

Reaction score
will check, but I thought I have checked it already, thanks for prompt response.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there is specific time it rings? Like minutes after start-up, or after you turn a certain way?

How is the ding? A long beep? Two short dings?

OP
OP
P

producer4u

Reaction score
There is no specific time when it dings, and it's just a short ding.
I have topped off the windshield fluids, and will be going out tomorrow, to see what happens, I am just new to this truck, and not trying to take many chances until all is clear, Thanks again for all the responses.
PEACE

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you start the truck the light for the low washer fluid should come on as a test. Its at the top right corner. If it doesn't, thats likely whats happening.

OP
OP
P

producer4u

Reaction score
Well i went out after topping off fluids, and no ding, so perhaps thats what the ding was about, thanks to all who helped me with this matter, and saved me a trip to local dealership, with high rates, due to living in small town, rates are $75.00 just to start, and $65.00 per hour after that.
MUCH THANKS TO ALL.
PEACE

OP
OP
P

producer4u

Reaction score
Thanks to all

I have had no more dings, and just had a quick question, It might be on wrong board, but how can I place my truck on here?
I was trying to make an avatar, but it won't allow, is there a reason?
thanks for all the help.
PEACE

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You mean to sell or show because theres areas for both. You avatar may to be to big. Also if you wanted to you could fix the lightbulb for the washer fluid bc im guessing its burnt out.

OP
OP
P

producer4u

Reaction score
all the dinging is gone, and I just wanted to show my truck, I am trying at the moment, and it's just posting message no pics,,what may I be doing wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bledsoejoe