Newbie here: Ordering 2020 Expedition Max Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do the LED’s melt away ice from the headlights in the winter or are they too cool?
I'm sure they might in moderate temps, but probably won't in sub zero temps with windchill. I forget if they have defroster wires in the lights or not.... I know the lower windshield does......

Tys expedition

Reaction score
i find the led's to be comparable to my rigid quad led spots plenty bright out a long way. however if you find them insufficient an led bar is much easier to incorporate into the front bumper. I'm getting my front bumper replaced and plan to use it as a template to build a tube and plate bumper. as of yet i haven't found an aftermarket solution. id be surprised if any lighting solution would be sufficient to eliminate animal strikes unless you temper your speed. i smoked a coyote and a brace of rabbits on my last trip through nevada. granted i was doing 75, but with the less i have nearly a mile of visibility. brighter wouldn't have helped. if i was doing 50 i could have stopped no problem.