Newbie here: Ordering 2020 Expedition Max Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lisa Hawn

Reaction score
Living up here in Alaska, we use what we call "Moose-Lights" since we have several months of low light and/or darkness. I am interested in mounting my Vision X moose lights to a bull bar in the front of the vehicle. Since I don't have the vehicle yet, can anyone guide me to a bull bar or similar that I can mount my lights to WITHOUT messing up the Adaptive Cruise Control?

Glad to be here.....I have a 2019 F150 Platinum with the 6 1/2 ft bed and I am upgrading it to the Expedition Max Platinum.

Greg Parker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Living up here in Alaska, we use what we call "Moose-Lights" since we have several months of low light and/or darkness. I am interested in mounting my Vision X moose lights to a bull bar in the front of the vehicle. Since I don't have the vehicle yet, can anyone guide me to a bull bar or similar that I can mount my lights to WITHOUT messing up the Adaptive Cruise Control?

Glad to be here.....I have a 2019 F150 Platinum with the 6 1/2 ft bed and I am upgrading it to the Expedition Max Platinum.

Full disclosure...I don't know; however, in my mind, the best way to avoid creating a situation that interferes with the ACC or the front bumper sensors might be to consider a roof rack / basket with lighting on the front of it. Like the products offered here...

https://lge-cts.com/project/ford-expedition-parts/

utmeep

Reaction score
This is the ranch hand. It does okay with clearing the camera but it does cover the wide angle. It also does not clear the front sensors like they advertised.

24F37224-BF94-4759-A6C1-4574E0659AD5.jpeg

Greg Parker

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The other thing that dawned on my is that Platinum (and Limited) come with some pretty dang bright fog lights / driving lights. I think the Platty even comes with LED versions that are really dang bright. You might just find that between the high-beams and those fog-lights, you'll get the visibility you need for maneuvering around Bullwinkle.

OP
OP
Lisa Hawn

Lisa Hawn

Reaction score
Full disclosure...I don't know; however, in my mind, the best way to avoid creating a situation that interferes with the ACC or the front bumper sensors might be to consider a roof rack / basket with lighting on the front of it. Like the products offered here...

https://lge-cts.com/project/ford-expedition-parts/

I already have a Yakima rack from my F150 that will fit but I am trying to avoid using it. The mpg go down and the wind noise goes up....trying to avoid both.

OP
OP
Lisa Hawn

Lisa Hawn

Reaction score
The other thing that dawned on my is that Platinum (and Limited) come with some pretty dang bright fog lights / driving lights. I think the Platty even comes with LED versions that are really dang bright. You might just find that between the high-beams and those fog-lights, you'll get the visibility you need for maneuvering around Bullwinkle.

Yes, the Platinum has LED fog/driving lights. Those would work for most people but I live at Fort Greely, Alaska (Home of the Nation's #1 Missile Defense) in the interior. It is 110 miles to my First traffic light in Fairbanks and there is only One stop sign in those 110 miles (located at the intersection of Richardson Highway and the Alcan Highway). Anchorage is 8 hours away. It is very common to drive to Fairbanks in the winter when it is dark (day and night) and not see another vehicle. It is also common to drive from Fort Greely to Glenallen, Alaska (about 4 hours away or 1/2 way point to Anchorage) without seeing another vehicle. The "Moose-lights" make life much easier and much safer when driving. Being able to see caribou, moose, wolves, buffalo, or a stranded motorist can mean the difference between life and death up here.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the Platinum has LED fog/driving lights. Those would work for most people but I live at Fort Greely, Alaska (Home of the Nation's #1 Missile Defense) in the interior. It is 110 miles to my First traffic light in Fairbanks and there is only One stop sign in those 110 miles (located at the intersection of Richardson Highway and the Alcan Highway). Anchorage is 8 hours away. It is very common to drive to Fairbanks in the winter when it is dark (day and night) and not see another vehicle. It is also common to drive from Fort Greely to Glenallen, Alaska (about 4 hours away or 1/2 way point to Anchorage) without seeing another vehicle. The "Moose-lights" make life much easier and much safer when driving. Being able to see caribou, moose, wolves, buffalo, or a stranded motorist can mean the difference between life and death up here.

Trust me, you WON'T be impressed with the factory Platinum LED headlights. Mine are OK at best, but I'm far from impressed with them. I put a 30" light bar on the front and the light bar is easily 3X as bright as all the headlights combined. Once the light bar is on, you can't even tell if you shut the headlights on or off.....

Here's my post on installing it.....
30-light-bar-installed.41321

Greg Parker

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Understood. Certainly not the interior of Alaska, but I've drove the Rocky Mountain States' highways and interstates ...probably 500,000 miles or more over the years. An awful lot of that in the dark and with 100-150 mile stretches between "civilization." Looks like Deadman (above) has a pretty viable solution. I like those "Baja" products linked earlier. Pretty pricey, but I'm saving the cabbage to buy their stuff. Products look incredibly stout and like they'd outlive the Expy.

Last edited:

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The leds on mine are way better than anything I’ve had factory before. Wouldn’t want one without them.