Newly acquired 2010 Expedition, I have O2 codes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt_N

Reaction score
~130k miles, I am getting P0130 and P0150 codes. These are O2 sensors banks 1 and 2 codes. Conventional wisdom says replace the upstream O2 sensors. But I am also seeing mentions of a TSB to update the software to take care of it.

What is the correct course of action?

Matt

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had same under warranty on my 2013 and the fix was a new catalytic converter. Hoping the other cat goes out before the warranty is up..

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
~130k miles, I am getting P0130 and P0150 codes. These are O2 sensors banks 1 and 2 codes. Conventional wisdom says replace the upstream O2 sensors. But I am also seeing mentions of a TSB to update the software to take care of it.

What is the correct course of action?

Matt

Is that "readiness" or full-on CEL *****?

Cuz sensor readiness usually ALLOWS one or two fails in most smog/inspection states, as per regulations, although most places will try to fail you unless you get up in their face and quote the pertinent regulation

PS also kinda sounds like a case of take shit apart and spray a can of cleaner at it

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had same under warranty on my 2013 and the fix was a new catalytic converter. Hoping the other cat goes out before the warranty is up..

That Mexican 99 buck trade-in cats, or genuwine stealership $2k-ish cats???

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That Mexican 99 buck trade-in cats, or genuwine stealership $2k-ish cats???
Genuine. I was surprised myself.. the code was O2-specific but I can't remember what it was. cost me $100 on my 3rd party warranty.