Next item on the list: bench to bucket.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Dutchie what color is your interior? I'd like to get my hands on a middle seat, see if I could make it fit in mine, we'd love 8 seats.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After I took the seat out I put the bolts back in. There is one hole that doesn’t get a bolt but it doesn’t go all the way thru the cab to the outside like the bolt holes do. The bolts don’t thread all the way down, so they will stick up some. My solution to that was second and third row husky mats. They cover the entire floor and contain all my kids messes.
ff96d3eadd58b975adc478f795319241.jpga23673ba5490af7e3c23f97096d60a4c.jpg1a6eaf747ccb6aa5d82cfcad9ad582a6.jpg12932211e838539ea8e2b1a5f18dce8e.jpg09a4a079fed324809117710d2fb5e9d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2009 that "extra hole" does indeed go all the way through to the outside, you just can't see unless you look at the correct angle. When viewed from directly above, there appears to be sheet metal underneath. At night, using a flashlight, I could see the driveway under the truck. This hole let mice into my truck!

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@sixsix what'd you do with your old seat? I'd love to take it off your hands, if you want to get rid of it. :)

Sitting in the closet. I wanna hold on to it so I’ll have it when I get rid of the car in the future.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2009 that "extra hole" does indeed go all the way through to the outside, you just can't see unless you look at the correct angle. When viewed from directly above, there appears to be sheet metal underneath. At night, using a flashlight, I could see the driveway under the truck. This hole let mice into my truck!

I stuck my pinky in there and wiggled it around and couldn’t feel anything. I’ll check again tonight with a flash light.

OP
OP
Dutchie

Dutchie

Reaction score
@Dutchie what color is your interior? I'd like to get my hands on a middle seat, see if I could make it fit in mine, we'd love 8 seats.
Sorry Brother, I’m keeping the middle seat also. It’s a company truck and I’m sure the boss wants it back in when it’s time to trade in.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
@sixsix Three questions. Is the large hole (that needs to be plugged) on just the drivers side? With those Husky mats, the part the covers the area between the two bucket seats, is that part of the second row mat or part of the rear, third row mat? Finally, and sorry if I missed this, what year is that vehicle? Thanks!

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@sixsix Three questions. Is the large hole (that needs to be plugged) on just the drivers side? With those Husky mats, the part the covers the area between the two bucket seats, is that part of the second row mat or part of the rear, third row mat? Finally, and sorry if I missed this, what year is that vehicle? Thanks!

The one empty hole is on the drivers side. The 3rd row mat is the one that covers the empty spot. It’s a 2015.

Angela Foster

Reaction score
As soon as the Expy is back from the installer (getting an infotainment.com sync3 w/ nav system installed), I want to convert my two outboard seats to captains.

To do this, the center seat is removed, armrests installed and a WeatherTech mat installed to cover the middle seat floor bolt holes.

At this point I’m looking for black leather armrests, both left and right. Will post pictures here when the work takes place, so bear with me for a few weeks.

I am curious to know how your conversion went. Looking to purchase the 2018 Max but only if I feel confident we can convert the split bench to captains. Nervous about getting the armrests needed. Would love to hear feedback from you since you sound experienced! Thank you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus