No aux audio input on 2017 Limited with sync3?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Big file Loki but thanks for the link! 1.6Gigs.....I don't even know what ver Sync 3 I have but heck, I d/l'ed it anyway....updates, never have enough<LOL>!!

jeff

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Before I read your answer I just hit the Reset button and now it works great. Now I may get tired of hearing it. :)
You can control the volume by turning the volume knob while the voice is speaking, otherwise all you are doing is controlling the radio volume

parrori1

Reaction score
Well that didn't last long. After I hit Reset button on my navigation system, I immediately began to receive voice and tone prompts from the navigation system. It worked perfectly, for one day. Now it is doing it again.

When I enter a destination to start my trip, a voice prompt reminds me to obey all traffic rules, etc.

But while traveling, the screen is right on, but I have no voice guidance prompts and no tones. Don't know what went wrong, but the settings are correct.

I hate to hit the Reset button again and to get it to work for one day.

Any ideas?

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that didn't last long. After I hit Reset button on my navigation system, I immediately began to receive voice and tone prompts from the navigation system. It worked perfectly, for one day. Now it is doing it again.

When I enter a destination to start my trip, a voice prompt reminds me to obey all traffic rules, etc.

But while traveling, the screen is right on, but I have no voice guidance prompts and no tones. Don't know what went wrong, but the settings are correct.

I hate to hit the Reset button again and to get it to work for one day.

Any ideas?

On the Map screen, on the left side is a speaker symbol. Make sure it has the international "Don't" circle visible. The symbology is weird for that. Frankly, I think its backwards.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone seen a splice-it-in kit AUX kit? My head unit has an aux button, but theres's no port, it has an additional power port instead on the 2009 SSV

parrori1

Reaction score
Per bobmbx,"On the Map screen, on the left side is a speaker symbol. Make sure it has the international "Don't" circle visible. The symbology is weird for that. Frankly, I think its backward"

Wow! That fixed it. I didn't know WTH that was. Not at all familiar with that particular icon, didn't know which shade was off and which was on.

But you have solved a six week long dilemma, and I do appreciate it very much.

Last edited:

dand

Reaction score
My 18 Expy does not have audio input jack like my 10 expy, 07 mustang and 11 cadillac had. I want to us an audio device that is not blue tooth. I can't find a blue tooth transmitter to plug into my audio device that is compatible with the 18 Expy BT radio (tried TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter and Receiver but does not work). Anyone know of a BT transmitter compatible with the 18 Expy?