No spark after PI head swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trying to see what you guys might think. We did the full PI head and intake swap on my 1998 Expy and when we tried to fire it up it turns over but nothing happens. Checked the spark and there doesn't seem to be any now at the plugs. I checked the coil packs with a multimeter and getting 12 Volts at the wire harness for the coil packs but it doesn't seem that my wires are getting spark. Everything worked fine with spark and fuel before the tear-down and rebuild so not sure what to check next. Not finding anything unplugged or unhooked. We did an EGR delete but that should not effect the spark. Any ideas would be great appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
onlyexilove

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate to say it but it actually was my stupid fault. Too much time spent that day and a rush end of the day job caused me to leave the crank toothed gear off which is needed for timing. Go figure after 4 hours to rip the timing cover back off and put it on again it fired right up. Thanks for the insight though.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was going to ask if you remembered the crank wheel. I came close to forgetting it once.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

OP
OP
onlyexilove

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah man that really sucked. Took me just about 4 hours to rip it all back apart to install the gear, good thing you didn't forget it. Needless to say it runs like a champ now lol