no start, not fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like your buisy alright Habbibie lol. I got a lot more demons than ya'll think that makes it hard for me to find someone( social disorder is one of them) but I'll tell ya'll what I tell my aunt ( she tells me the same things) the one that takes the spot at my side has to be one hell of a saint to keep that spot, while I may be a good man with a good heart, I'm not easy to deal with despite my attempts to make it easy.

As for the board in the fuse box, the old one did smell very burnt though I never took it apart but for the new one I did give it a once over externally, including checking all the plugs but did not see, hear or smell anything. How would I open the fuse box to check solder points?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In post 48 you said you have 9.1 volts at the relay. Which part, control or load? If load what number pin, 30, 87 or 87a, or did you measure across a combination of them?

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
Honestly I just measured the center pin since that was the only one showing some melted plastic and signs of slight burning ( don't remember the pin number). The only way I was able to do so was to pull the relay, stick a needle in, touch my volt meter to it and a ground then turned the key, it jumped to 12 then settled at 9.1. I wasn't able to measure the other slots since I couldn't get my pin to hold a good enough connection with the relay in place, also didn't help the pin I was using wasn't the best.

I did try to get under the truck and see if I could measure from the fuel pump but my jack died on me and I am too big to squeeze under the truck. Also when I unplugged the relay the buzzing came back only it sounds like its coming from the center console rather than the fuse box, any ideas on that?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't the fuel pump relay soldered in? How are you able to remove it? I thought that was only possible on 02 and older relays. Get a new relay, solder it in, should fix your problem for now. 03's were first year for new soldered relays. Most troublesome.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
Isn't the fuel pump relay soldered in? How are you able to remove it? I thought that was only possible on 02 and older relays. Get a new relay, solder it in, should fix your problem for now. 03's were first year for new soldered relays. Most troublesome.

Hers might be that carry over year ( cant spell the proper word) model that was built at the end of 02 and finished in 03, there seems to be some relays or something soldered in at the middle of the fuse box under the 6 bigger black relays but then there are the smaller white ones I can remove at the top of the fuse box, could be a mix of the 2 types for all I know.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you mean model year transition. What she are you talking about? The op is punisher, a male. Can someone that has owned a 03 or newer verify are all the large 5 pin relays soldered in? Or is it just the fuel pump one?

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
I think you mean model year transition. What she are you talking about? The op is punisher, a male. Can someone that has owned a 03 or newer verify are all the large 5 pin relays soldered in? Or is it just the fuel pump one?

Yeah that's the word, sorry I was really tired when I replied and couldn't think straight, when I said she I was referring to my aunt since its her truck, I will post a link showing her fuse box and see if that helps me explain, I could be missing something or wording something wrong and could unintentionally making things difficult to understand. The link is a ebay link that best shows a picture of the fuse box, hopefully this will show what I may be miswording but this is exactly what her fuse box looks like.

https://www.ebay.com/i/272931087238?chn=ps

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will they send you another box? Seems weird this is the only part you changed, and all your problems started. It's possible one little item they put in, is just different enough to be causing your problem. Their a repair service, will they redo your old box? I've seen a lot of problems here in the past year with members of 03-06 models after they changed that same box. Just saying.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev