no start, not fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
Punisher understand about lot of work and little time, but how did you plan to move forward if you don't have the tools or time. We want to help, but it's frustrating when a member asks for help like their going to be the one fixing their vehicle, and then it just sits. We always here love to see a happy ending. Hate to see vehicles end up in the bone yard. I guess when you get to your tools and time to repair, follow up on Stamps troubleshooting steps and report back. Hopefully it's something simple, usually is.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

By giving up my family time on my 34hr break to work on her truck as well as funding everything my self so my aunt and uncle don't have to sweat it. As I said before I'm not a ford fan how ever this SUV has done very good by my family so I too would like to see it continue to run and add more miles onto the 200k+ miles it already has, however I still have my own bills to take care of and cant take any extra time off to do this so I work with what I got and do my best. The only thing I can ask of you all other than help on the issue is to bare with me on my time schedule since I don't have any control over it. I will have to dig my tools out of storage since the voltmeter I kept in my POV died on me.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A cheap $10.00 to $20.00 volt/ohm meter will work fine. Time is a funny thing, when your young, you never have enough, then when you get old like me, you have too much. Only wish I had the [emoji383] to match my time these days. Gotta make that [emoji383] while your young, because before you know it your 60, and the kids are gone. But at 60 plus, you don't want to work on cars/trucks anymore, my body parts hurt more now. After doing a simple job like oil change or brakes, I hurt the next day.

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
Reply #10 about fuel pressure when not starting

Reply #24 #'s 4 & 5

Post #4 was me so I don't know what you are asking on that but I check fuel pressure when the problem first started couple years ago, it would come and go ( more not than did but would if the fuse box was struck) back then so I was able to check it but I don't remember what it was, could not check this time because the pump did not kick on. Now that its running I will double check it and let you know what it is.

To answer your question on post #24, the center prong on the top right relay closest to the passenger door shows some burn marks on the prong and melted plastic at the base, thought I mentioned that but I may have thought it and not replied to it, my apologies.

I'll get the pins and check the voltage with my other voltmeter I have in my box in storage but it will have to wait till tomorrow, my rig decided to break down on me today so I'm on my 34hr break sooner than planned so I have to wait till payday.

Once I have all the info i will be sure to post for you and moose to see.

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
A cheap $10.00 to $20.00 volt/ohm meter will work fine. Time is a funny thing, when your young, you never have enough, then when you get old like me, you have too much. Only wish I had the [emoji383] to match my time these days. Gotta make that [emoji383] while your young, because before you know it your 60, and the kids are gone. But at 60 plus, you don't want to work on cars/trucks anymore, my body parts hurt more now. After doing a simple job like oil change or brakes, I hurt the next day.

I fully understand, that's why I have plans on coming off the road and back to a normal job so I can have time back and possibly find someone to settle down with and start a family of my own. I live with my aunt and uncle at the moment so once everything is settled with her truck things can get back to how they were before it broke down so family time can pick back up, but till then I got to do what I got to do.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Time is a funny thing, when your young, you never have enough, then when you get old like me, you have too much.

Wait what? The way I remember it is when I was in my teens & twenties I had all the time in the world but never the funds to get anything done, now I have the funds to do anything I want but having time to do it is nonexistent!

OP, are you a local, national or international?
Team driver or solo?
Flat, dry or ******?
Dont you have a long week & a short week?

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
Wait what? The way I remember it is when I was in my teens & twenties I had all the time in the world but never the funds to get anything done, now I have the funds to do anything I want but having time to do it is nonexistent!

OP, are you a local, national or international?
Team driver or solo?
Flat, dry or ******?
Dont you have a long week & a short week?

I'm a solo driver and I run dry vans on a dedicated route staying in central and eastern time zones, my tours always end with me back home for my 34hr break after running for 6 days straight before my 70hr clock runs out. Some times the days of my 34hr break moves but usually my week ends on Friday.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Habbibie that's what I said. Your still young, well relatively, and are making the money, but working your butt off to get it. Wait till you get my age and have to do cam phasers or motor swap. You'll say hellll no! The SUV will go either to the shop, or depending on miles to the scrapper! Your 5 kids will all be on their own, and you'll say to the Mrs, you want to hit the early bird special at the Applebee's?

OP
OP
P

punisher1130

Reaction score
Ok so I can not check fuel pressure since the attachments to my pressure gauge has disappeared but I was able to check the voltage at the relay and its at 9.1v, which seem a little high to me and was also very hot to the touch.

5 kids moose? really? I'd be lucky to have 1 let alone find a woman to deal with my retarded ass lmao.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Ok there is a common problem with the fuel relays that the solder breaks up and cracks on the logic board which causes it to intermittently fail and causes it to heat up due to voltage drop. Can you possibly remove the fuse control board and visually inspect it, I know you said you changed it but it seems like the most logical problem you have and it's such a overly common issue on these trucks its worth eliminating as a suspect once & for all!

Ps. Moose was referring to me with the 5 kids (5y.o. girl, 3.5y.o. boy, 1.5y.o. boy, and twin .25 y.o. boys) lol I been busy and planning on staying broke my entire life apparently... any girl will put up with your retarded ass cause I'm retarded too believe me, you just gotta have a good head on your shoulders and funds to keep her.... "happy"

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I was referring to Henry, Aka Habbibie. I heard an old friend years back tell me, in life a man has to date 20 s#*t bums to find one normal one. One you want to spend your life with, one that you'd punch your best friend in the jaw if he said something derogatory about her. Hang in their punisher, she's out there. Habbibie hit it on the loose connection on relay problem. He had same problem on his 05 Expedition, and his wife's Honda Odyssey last month. It also had solder joints broken down around relays.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev