No Stock Sub Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lightnin

Reaction score
I have a 01 expedition. It has Mach Audio system. The sub in the rear don't work for some reason. I pulled the sub enclosure and hooked the sub directly to my surround sound in the house and I get sound through the speaker. Is there an Amp fuse or where is the wiring to check power to the amp. Or has anyone had this problem before.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The amp for the stock sub is in the same enclosure but you have to pull that whole piece to get to it.

This is what the amp looks like.

subamp.jpg

A friend of mine who has an expy, his sub ddint work either but in his case the wiring harness that plugs into the amp was unplugged. We plugged it in and it worked fine.

Last edited:

C_2g

Reaction score
The sub in my '02 EB was not working when I bought it. So I began troubleshooting it. My results were that everything was connected so I pulled out my multimeter and began tracing the voltage. I found that there was 12vdc and 5vdc on the input plug and 0vdc on the output plug to the subwoofer. So I had a friend that works in a Ford dealer's parts dept ordered me a new factory amp. a quick 5 minute install of the amp and my system sounds pretty good. That woofer cranks out some decent bass for an everyday driver.

$105.00 US and 5-10 minutes and life is great!

Last edited:

johnnystar

Reaction score
sub & amp location?

Just got an '04 Eddie, trying to find sub and amp, is that what is in behind passenger back wheel well? And is it an 8"? how hard is it to pull all this out and upgrade?
I hate pulling stuff apart cuz it never goes back in the same..lol

Last edited:

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was a piece of cake for my 99. I took it all apart cause after having the truck for 2 weeks when i bought it new, it didnt stay stock at all. In that area now i have 2 capacitors and an extra battery which are all hidden. My stock sub was 8" so im pretty sure your is too.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Same problem with my 01, took out amp now i'm trying to get a stock amp from ford