No tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today my tail lights stopped working. I have brake lights and turn signals jyst not tails. I replaced both bulbs and still no luck. I looked in owners manual and couldn't find if they run on a specific fuse or not. Any ideas???

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
EXPI2000

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No one???

OP
OP
EXPI2000

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah fronts are working

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmm, I haven't run into that one before, so hopefully someone more experienced chimes in here

But, if it were me I'd be looking for a common wire fault/break coming off that particular lamp circuit.

I strongly suspect that the two rear running lights run off a series connection - from the light switch back through the truck to one lamp, then across the back to the other lamp, and then finally to ground - and there is a wiring problem somewhere in there.

I would suggest getting in there with a multimeter and checking for voltage to one lamp sockets and trying to narrow down where the fault lies...

OP
OP
EXPI2000

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would anyone have a wiring diagram they can link for me???? I'm really at a loss here. I'm sure somebody on here is an electrical guru lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

OP
OP
EXPI2000

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I finally tracked down tge problem. I followed all wiring from tail light forward. So when I got to the wiring inside the truck under tge carpet I noticed my running board lights were go off if I moved the wiring. So I removed some of the covering on the harness to discover that where tge brown wire splices into two wires my tail light wire had come undone from tge butt connector. So turned out to be a pretty easy fix. Glad to have my tail lights back now!!!!