No tow hooks AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does your lower front fascia have the openings? If so, it had them at some point.

Tow hokos were standard on a '00 4X4 Expedition. For fleet ordered vehicles (Avis, Hertz, Budget, etc) front tow hooks and rear trailer hitch could be deleted.

Often deleted by cheap body shops if the truck has been wrecked, previous owner could have removed for various reasons, etc.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2000/bbexpdon.pdf

Piece of cake to re-add if you want them.

Bronco84

Reaction score
They aren't cheap if you get them from the dealer. My 2004 doesn't have them either. Called my local ford dealer they told me 108 a piece.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A breaker bar, the right sized socket, entry fee to a junkyard and about another $20 you should have yourself a set.

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone donated a set from a f350 to me. Drilled the holes and cut the facia to suit. Worked great and all for free!

The point is there might be cheap alternatives out there. You just have to look.

Last edited:

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hope you dont mind me hitching on your thread - but can anyone take a clear pic of the front tow hook? cant seem to find a decent pic in google.

The front valence I got had provisions for it when I replaced it to install the factory fog lamps so no worries there. However some of the sellers in ebay say I need to drill holes into the chassis. Is this true?

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so I just realized the 2WD didnt have provisions on the chassis. So if I really wanted tow hooks, I need to drill into the chassis.

How bad an idea is this? last thing I want is when the tow hooks are finally used that it will snap off