NOS vs Aftermarket wheel bearing hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm chasing a speed related vibration that begins about 35mph and increases. I have been searching for it and replaced the rear driveshaft slip yoke which eliminated the coasting vibration I had, of course the u-joints as well. The only other thing I have found is that when spinning the front tires by hand with vacuum pulled on the IWE's I can hear the driver side front bearing. It feels tight, but I suspect that's the issue as it heats up. I mean they are 19 years old with 285k miles. Anyway, I want Motorcraft bearings, but I can find NOS on eBAY. The other option is of course aftermarket, most likely I'd go with Timken. I've been disappointed with Moog bearings in recent years.

Any thoughts on NOS stock that could be 20 years old, vs aftermarket?

kep5niner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced all 4 corners recently. I couldn’t get my hands on any Motorcraft in a timely manner - if they were even available. It’s too much of a crap shoot with all the cheap aftermarket junk out there. I did go with the top of the line from Napa. Not cheap, but cheaper than what I saw for list price for Motorcraft.

I’d take NOS Motorcraft if I could find it. Moog and Timken don’t seem to be the stalwarts of quality they once were.