Not a Gotts mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Happy New Year folks!

So in the spirit of extreme geeking, I'm planning to install a fan to draw air from the fender hole previously occupied by the uber restricted stock intake tube to bring additional cool air to the K&N.

On hot days it sucks in all the hot engine compartment air so I wanna see if this will help.

Fan is an 120MM aluminum waterproof 12v server (computer) fan module moving 120 CFM.
Fender opening is about 80mm so the standard 120 to 80mm adapter should be ok.
This will be wired to a switch in the cabin for on demand use.

It's all about 25 bucks for the parts.

Will post pics once installed, but curious to know if anyone else has tried a similar mod.

I'd really like to hear your opinions or suggestions.

Thanks

92557326e834cdfc5791ab8afc7d6612.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
So guessing you've never heard of the electric supercharger? You'e pretty much doing the exact opposite of that

On YouTube, MightyCarMods did dyno tests to prove putting a fan outside or inside the intake did absolutely nothing in means of power gains or cooler operation temps... you're Just adding weight and electrical draw on your truck

eRM_eSC1.jpg

kgrhqz,-rofgtzjzouwbrpnrhokuw--57916efd1f9a9.jpg

OP
OP
Rockclutch

Rockclutch

Reaction score
So guessing you've never heard of the electric supercharger? You'e pretty much doing the exact opposite of that

On YouTube, MightyCarMods did dyno tests to prove putting a fan outside or inside the intake did absolutely nothing in means of power gains or cooler operation temps... you're Just adding weight and electrical draw on your truck

View attachment 22932

View attachment 22933
Hi Habb,

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm not looking to do anything here but pull cooler air into the area of the filter, nothing else.

No, I had not heard of that, but lol. [emoji41] Those dudes are funny AF.

Could very well be a waste of time...but lots of fun things are.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Wolf

Reaction score
I really ope this is a joke...

Looks like it'll restrict the flow of air more than anything...

Let us know how it works buddy :p