odd idle problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 97 5.4 4x4. I just did a motor swap from a 97 f150. I've had a rough idle but i lost the adaptor on the side of the throttle body that has the red vacuum house from the fuel regulator and the black plastic house from the fire wall on the passenger side. Today i went out and bought a new one. Started err up and still have the problem. Replaced the fuel regulator and still the bad idle.

When i start her up she fires right up but then immediately dies. If i give it gas i can keep it ruining. also if i disconnect the red vacuum hose it will idle fine but it drives like crap. I'm not sure about this but is the red vacuum house suppose to spit gas when it is unplugged?

So close to getting the beast on the road!!

OP
OP
R

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay so i checked again and since I've replace the fuel regulator it stopped spitting gas and will continue to run without the black vacuum house to the passenger side of the throttle body... Maybe I'm having the wrong house or have it hooked up wrong does anyone have a 97-98 5.4 that can take a picture of the black house from the throttle body to where ever it goes???

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this sure sounds like the IAC on the backside under the firewall or perhaps the dpfe line.

will have to grab a better snap, but for now, see if this helps.

Sorry she's modded.

Attachments

• throttle body.jpg
    throttle body.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
R

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see it but i need to know where exactly where it goes... If you could trace both vacuum hoses back from the passenger side of the throttle body, the red and black hoses i would greatly appricate it.

Do you know what that vacuum is for on the side of the throttle body is?

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lets try this.
black line goes to dpfe sensor
red line goes to vacuum block underneath my fuel managment diaphragm.
suspect yours is/could be a bit different because of my mods.

Attachments

• throttle body1.jpg
    throttle body1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 59
  • throttle body2.jpg
    throttle body2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 53
  • throttle body3.jpg
    throttle body3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 49
  • throttle body4.jpg
    throttle body4.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 53
  • throttle body5.jpg
    throttle body5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
R

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah i believe yours is didn't in the black hose because mine does not go to the dpfe sensor. There is only two slots to hook to and they are both being used.

Thanks for the help.

Do you or anyone else know where the black house of the bottom of the throttle body go ona stock 5.4? Lol