Odometer going out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00 Expy Police

Reaction score
like the title say,has anyone had th3 same prob,my odometer keeps going in and out,somrtimes when i start it its on sometimes its not,but when driving it will do same come on then off,it still keeps track of miles and everything else is still working but im sure sooner or later something will come of this,,my neighbor has oo f150 same motor as me 5.4 and his does the same,,,any ideas?????

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still looking for the link I had a long time ago... basically you remove the cluster and have to re-solder the wire to the odometer

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and yes you can leave it alone... unless you need to know the mileage every time..... mine is out but I haven't done anything to fix it... I do my oil changes based off of my trip odometer... just don't reset it until oil changes... and even thought the light goes out the mileage is still being kept track of...

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does the same exact thing, you're not the only one!

Common problems with Expeditions I've seen based off the forum and friends/family that have Expeditions (at least 1st gens) are:

Rear windshield wiper motor going bad
Child lock on doors locking automatically
Odometer not working or going on/off

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey i got all three of the above haha

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i always get "really bert? child locks c'mon!" and then I have to let them out, its a minor inconvenience but not really worth fixing to me lol