Oem radio/cd player just up and quit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lovemyfords

Reaction score
07 Expedition EL XLT

The radio was working fine one minute and doesn't work at all the next. Nothing,Nada. I thought maybe it was the fuse at first (eliminating the easy fix first)but when the fuses came up clean I turned my focused on the radio. I have an extra OEM from my 2004 F-150 so I installed it thinking It had to be the stereo itself but again nothing. I could hear the cd player searching for a disc so I knew it was getting power but still no face lights.So called the local rip you off Ford dealer to see if they could give me an idea of what it could be. The gent on the other end told me that it could be in the computer or even in the harness (which I have hard time believing) but he would have to look at it to be sure @ $95.00 an hour. I guess my question is,Have any of you had the same problem and if so what exactly did you find? Was it costly?

Thanks in advance