OEM WiFi Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAngryOgre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2021 Expy XLT
Upgraded from OEM Sync3 head unit to Linkswell full screen unit about 6 months ago.

Forgot the OEM-equipped WiFi password (argh!) and I cannot reset it through the Linkswell interface. Aside from reinstalling the OEM head unit to reset the password, can I get to it any other way? Can a FORSCAN unit do it? Ford dealership said they cant reset it and my iPhone doesn’t have the WiFi password stored.

Thanks.
Jeff

deebo3883

Reaction score
Hey Jeff,

Any luck with this? I'm looking to replace my head unit. Would you recommend the Linkswell? The delay on the OEM finally defeated me. Any insight is helpful.

Thanks Jeff

OP
OP
TheAngryOgre

TheAngryOgre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff,
After having this unit for awhile, I would not recommend it. Been in tech field nearly 40 years so I’ve used a product or two. Love the big screen (main reason why I got it) but operationally this unit has a lot of bugs, it’s slow to boot and operate. It’s essential an Android tablet. Mine is running Android 9 and you can not upgrade the unit OS (per Linkswell) so you are stuck with whatever is current at the time. Not good. As for bugs, my current one is all steering wheel controls intermittently stop working. For support, Linkswell always kicks me back to the installer as they don’t deal directly with end customers. So, every time I have an issue or question, I have to call the installer and they call Linkswell. Total PITA. No, they’ve no figured out my bug even running with all their current updates.

IMHO, I think this concept is great but there are issues (performance, support, bugs, lack of OS upgrades) that would prevent me from purchasing this product again.

Any questions, let me know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire