Sync 4A WiFi issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

ExpyEverest

Reaction score
The primary definitely was Mdm9650-TCU, the 2nd I assumed was apim, my network was identifying as a panasonic device - not sure if that's accurate but ironically I work in public safety/security and can say while you don't see panasonic much consumer level they do a lot of Squad car/in car video stuff so it very well could be panasonic at a hardware level.

It could just be the difference between 4 and 4a, overall my guess is it connects and runs through an initial hardware check post connection, fails without notification, repeat.

Hoping I'll hear from the dealer today, wife's driving my lariat and I'm roughing it in the STX extended cab haha.
Hahah let’s us know what they say! Hopefully you’ll get some good news!

maad1618

Reaction score
Hahah let’s us know what they say! Hopefully you’ll get some good news!
Well in summary it is "up to date" according to Ford. They checked and verified all 3 main communication components were on the latest available from Ford.

The wifi was unfounded, they said they were able to connect at the dealer - however I should have made them show me when I picked it up.
With everything up to date for the vehicle itself and checking out, not like they would have done anything anyways.

I think the bigger issue is Ford not sending any updates to these specific ones and that's IMO who needs to recognize this regarding the sync updates and push them. Everything I've gathered from reading is the updates will happen OTA regardless of wifi connection.

Lastly on my way home from work in my f150, and ironically the update icon appears for an OTA update for trailer assist to address a recall. Maybe not affected but the expedition has the HD trailer package with the same trailer assist

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is incredibly infuriating. We know damn well other people got the update five months ago. And I have seen and used a friends 2022 that has been updated. It has very significant improvements.

I still plan to take mine to the dealer and fight it because I have actual glitches that I can show them pictures of.

If I find out there are no fixes or updates available on mine it will make it really hard for me to buy a Ford again.

OP
OP
E

ExpyEverest

Reaction score
That is incredibly infuriating. We know damn well other people got the update five months ago. And I have seen and used a friends 2022 that has been updated. It has very significant improvements.

I still plan to take mine to the dealer and fight it because I have actual glitches that I can show them pictures of.

If I find out there are no fixes or updates available on mine it will make it really hard for me to buy a Ford again.
Yeah if anyone deserves some answers, it’s yours. That glitch is crazy! I’m getting to a point of just buying a VCM and FDRS license and doing things myself.. I know mine has updates, I checked FDRS myself once and found them. I even showed them to the dealer and after being surprised non Ford employees could access FDRS, he told me I shouldn’t worry about them because they install themselves over WiFi from Ford..

Idk about you but 80,000 dollar vehicles kind of deserve some priority on these kinds of things.. But.. I may be at the end of the updates line..

I was able to get the Ford Twitter/ X people to respond to me in DMs and they pushed a case for me to their “IVT Team” to give me a call.. I don’t expect much but I’m hoping they can at least tell me something different.

I think the more of us that report these issues the more Ford is going to have a tougher time turning a blind eye..

LegalBrief

Reaction score
I dunno, I think some of this has to do on the manufacture date and the components the truck was delivered with. Some simply don’t need updating or just need a specific module updated. I can’t get frustrated over not getting something you I don’t need, especially if I have no complaints.

OP
OP
E

ExpyEverest

Reaction score

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dunno, I think some of this has to do on the manufacture date and the components the truck was delivered with. Some simply don’t need updating or just need a specific module updated. I can’t get frustrated over not getting something you I don’t need, especially if I have no complaints.
Mine damn sure needs it. It has several glitches and the temperature controls are evil to use driving down the road. They obviously got a lot of complaints because they totally change how the temp controls work.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally took ours to the dealer to see about having them force the update. For anyone who has not followed these threads, the issue is that Ford has significant improvements to the functioanlity of the Sych 4a system , which is the big 15” screen that comes standard in an $85,000 Platinum like I have.

People here on the forum have been getting this update going back to October. But Im still not able to get it, and I HATE how the temperature and seat heater/ventilation controls work. The update makes it much easier to use those.

My dealer told me they have no way of downloading the newest version because my VIN says I am up to date.

If I were not retired and on “fixed income” I would trade it for something other than a Ford product because Im so pissed off at how Ford is handling this. I should also point out my system has actual glitches that I have posted on this forum.

OP
OP
E

ExpyEverest

Reaction score
I finally took ours to the dealer to see about having them force the update. For anyone who has not followed these threads, the issue is that Ford has significant improvements to the functioanlity of the Sych 4a system , which is the big 15” screen that comes standard in an $85,000 Platinum like I have.

People here on the forum have been getting this update going back to October. But Im still not able to get it, and I HATE how the temperature and seat heater/ventilation controls work. The update makes it much easier to use those.

My dealer told me they have no way of downloading the newest version because my VIN says I am up to date.

If I were not retired and on “fixed income” I would trade it for something other than a Ford product because Im so pissed off at how Ford is handling this. I should also point out my system has actual glitches that I have posted on this forum.
I understand the frustration completely.

My big issue is that there is like little to no information coming from ford on where we stand with these updates. Like, there is no where you can go to see around what time frame your serial number or vin or what ever they use to push these things out is going to be “up next” to be sent these updates and when you can expect them to hit your vehicle OTA.. its like we just are supposed to trust that one day we will see it pop up and go from there..eventually…

If I could see a sheet that said like serial numbers between, 500-1200 are in phase 5 and that is July-August. Then cool I would know 1. There’s a reason I haven’t gotten any updates. 2. When to expect it and if I don’t get it, I have reliable data to show ford that hey something may be wrong and they can go, you know- your right, let’s look at that. Instead of everyone just guessing and assuming nothings wrong cause they got the Wi-Fi to work..

Also- I find it completely baffling that their OTA team can’t look you up and just push these updates to your vin right then and there while on the phone with you. Like the fact they can’t just push these through seems like a massive oversight in design… and also.. why have an OTA team then? I’m sure that’s their main question they get..

Anyways… you are not alone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire