Off center rear wheels after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akout

Reaction score
Good day all , i have a 21 FX4 and really like to lift it , now a researched alot about the desired lift , wheels and tires , yet i have a major concern regarding rear wheels off centering after lift

Attached is a sample picture i saw online , and i see similar issues all over this forum

After lifting , the rear tires lean towards the side steps and away from the rear bumper , its a “once you see it you cant unsee it” situation

Not i tracked this issue to one of the rear arms wich is designed to pull the wheel forward the more it gets downward

Problem is after lifting the car , the now normal position is pulled forward quite a bit

Now i tried searching for aftermarket solutions with no luck

Aftermarket companies needs to step in , its whats stopping me from lifting the car

Now either most of you are ok with it , or its not half as bad as it looks on pictures

Any input on this is really appreciated

Attachments

• 4A5F690F-D993-4F55-8AC1-D21FD1E4EC27.jpeg
    4A5F690F-D993-4F55-8AC1-D21FD1E4EC27.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 31

JWJS

Reaction score
Looking for similar feedback. My 2019 Limited Max is off-center fro mthe factory. 20" wheels with275/55 leaves about 4" towards rear bumper and less than 3" towards front sidestep. At the inside of the wheelwell the distance is less than 2". As seen in other Forum conversations, with the 20" wheel and 275/55 I am at 31.91" and cannot go to a 275/65 tire as that puts me at 34.07". It rubs in the front while there is still a couple of inches towards the rear bumper. I dont think a 1"-2" liftwill solve the problem. If it were centered in wheelwell the larger tires would work. Looking for a solution.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Only way to fix that rear whee being pulled forward is new rear link bars. Rough country just came out with a 3” lift kit (not a spacer kit like readylift 3/2) that offers you new UCAs and rear end links to fix the issue with rear whee being pulled forward. $1300

@JWJS
@akout

bjacobs

Reaction score
Only way to fix that rear whee being pulled forward is new rear link bars. Rough country just came out with a 3” lift kit (not a spacer kit like readylift 3/2) that offers you new UCAs and rear end links to fix the issue with rear whee being pulled forward. $1300

@JWJS
@akout
I've been wearing out the internet trying to figure out a kit or solution to the rear wheel being pulled forward. I'm entirely too OCD to have that, I would never unsee it. This is going to be a multi-part question, but hopefully folks with more Expedition smarts than me can chime in. I just bought one for my wife last week, I'm a newbie to the Expedition world.

The Rough Country kit you mentioned is for 2018-2020 4wd. I have a 2022 2wd. Questions are:

I'm assuming it only being for a 4wd has nothing to do with the rear suspension components in the kit, only front components. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

What, if anything, has changed in the rear suspension from 2020-2022?

Theoretically, if Rough Country would sell the rear components, and I bought the Ready Lift 3"/2" kit and ONLY used the front components, would this Frankenstein setup work?

Appreciate the input!