Off road exhaust (Manifold back)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcobra

Reaction score
Does anyone offer an off road exhaust that in effect eliminates the catalytic converter for a 2008 Expedition?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Does anyone offer an off road exhaust that in effect eliminates the catalytic converter for a 2008 Expedition?
Well you'd be looking for catless down pipes because the manifolds dont have the cats in them. You could just yave an exhaust shop cut them out and put in a piece of pipe though. However you will set a check engine light but I'm sure that could be turned off with a tuner

the bus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a full exhaust a year or 2 ago. I did not see a bolt in cheater pipe on the market. I ended up with a full walker system and 4 new oxygen sensors. Not sure how it will run without cats and o2 sensors not reading before and after readings. This Would Have To Happen AT A custom shop. Also if you need to pass a visual inspection test or a smog test not a great idea unless a true off road vehicle.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
2 of the 4 O2 sensors are feedback, for the PCM. The engine may run or may not even start, without them. If it runs it will be in cold start mode full time and use a ton of gas. The rear two are for emissions and give a CEL. without converters. The exhausts will get stupid, loud. I have heard it, on a newer 5.0l Mustang. Your engine actually requires back pressure and may pop or backfire(the Mustang did). I have seen guys Hollow out a conveter, but only pre 1996.

Last edited:

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Well front sensors need to stay but the rear can be removed and tuned out. All the rears do is monitor cat performance. The from report AFR to the pcm

Wali4vr

Reaction score
Cool Jay.
But the only thing you have accomplished is to make a little noiser exhaust when you punch the accelerater. No hp or torque or any performance gain and no change in exhaust temperatures. But the tips look cool. Ya Hooo and yippee Kia Yia hay.