Oil Change Frequency

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a search to see if anything had been discussed/posted....came back with nothing ..... so will ask.

I know the oil change frequency FROM FORD seems to indicate an oil change and filter every 10K miles. I'm from the 'old school' and even with FULL SYNTHETIC I changed it every 5K-7.5K depending.

I see that Ford uses Synthetic Blend?

What do some of y'all do on oil change frequency?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I don't see any reason to deviate from the factory maintenance schedule. Especially if using full synthetic.

Not sure if the maintenance reminder on this truck is purely mileage based or has other things factored in. Regardless it'll be about the 10K mark when mine goes into the dealer.

-- Chuck

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a twin turbo DI engine if it were ME as the owner I’d be changing every 5k with the blowby it gets, thats me. I change the oil and filter with Ford Synthetic Blend stuff in my 07 every 3,500 miles. Mine is recommended every 5,000 miles but oil and a filter is cheap, id rather keep it fresh so i change it often.

Last edited:

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
The '08 has the same 5.4V8 engine as the '07 and the service interval is 7500 miles vs 5000. Oil and bearing technology is a long way from the pre-oil filter days when oil got changed every 2000 miles. :)

But I prefer the guidance of the internet rather than factory engineers. But even the full synthetic is cheap enough.

-- Chuck

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The '08 has the same 5.4V8 engine as the '07 and the service interval is 7500 miles vs 5000. Oil and bearing technology is a long way from the pre-oil filter days when oil got changed every 2000 miles. :)

But I prefer the guidance of the internet rather than factory engineers. But even the full synthetic is cheap enough.

-- Chuck

I agree they’ve come a long way and It’s your truck whatever floats your boat. Guys change theirs every 10,000 miles and I’ll change mine every 3,500 miles and that’s fine to each their own. At 10k that oil is pretty worn and dirty, at 3-5k it’s still pretty fresh and clean and if changed at that interval keeps it fresh and clean.

Last edited:

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do mine when the computer tells me, which ends up being about every 7,500 miles. Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-20 and a Motorcraft filter. Except for that one time. But we don't talk about that.