Oil pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric2262

Reaction score
my expy has an oil pressure light which i believe i need a new oil pump i need information on where its located and what all should i replace including that? would i asp have to replace the timing belt?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my expy has an oil pressure light which i believe i need a new oil pump i need information on where its located and what all should i replace including that? would i asp have to replace the timing belt?

First - list the year, make, model and engine of your vehicle.

Have you determine the engine oil level is correct and the oil pressure sending unit is not defective?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2010 ford expedition limited and no i have not im not sure where that is located

You can have low oil pressure reported due to a defective oil pressure sending unit (switch) - which is common (the pressure is not actually low, but rather being reported as low).

The wrong oil and/or oil filter and/or a clogged oil filter can also cause low oil pressure.

If the oil pressure is truly low - you should hear the lifters clattering at engine idle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire