Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
What is the recomended oil for 2007 5.4?
I know it calls for 5W20 but I've heard alot of people use 5W30.I use Full synthetic.

I have the 1st gen 5.4. I use 5W 30 full synthetic and I have 248,*** on the clock. Runs perfect.

I also did research on who manufactures Motorcraft oil. ConocoPhillips makes it for Ford. They also make Kendal GT-1 oil which has far superior additives package and costs less than MC. They come in same red bottles but w Kendal label.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the 1st gen 5.4. I use 5W 30 full synthetic and I have 248,*** on the clock. Runs perfect.

I also did research on who manufactures Motorcraft oil. ConocoPhillips makes it for Ford. They also make Kendal GT-1 oil which has far superior additives package and costs less than MC. They come in same red bottles but w Kendal label.
Interesting. I'll look for it at Wally World for my next oil change.

TrickerZ

Reaction score
I use 5W30 as well. Stopped my chain slap on startup and has been running better in general. I usually get Amazon Basics full synthetic. I read somewhere that it's actually really good oil and usually a good price. I did lose a couple MPG, though. I think in general it's better to use thicker oil as engines age since wear increases the space between parts, so thinner oil allows more movement creating even more wear.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Yup, my next OC I'm gonna try Supertech 5w30 Advanced Synthetic from Walmart. Great specs and great price.

JimR_TN

Reaction score
Yup, my next OC I'm gonna try Supertech 5w30 Advanced Synthetic from Walmart. Great specs and great price.

I just finished my oil change and went with the Supertech 5W30 Full Synthetic and a Motorcraft filter. Seems to be the best value on a quality oil.