Ok guys i have decided to redo exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98expy

Reaction score
I am going to go with flowmaster but i am curious to see peoples responses to the 40, 44, 50 series... I dont want a retarded loud exhaust but i dont want it to sound stock either. Some guidance and comparisons to other things would be great.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well out of those 3 choices the 40 is gonna be the loudest and 50 the quietest... I have true duals and rear cat delete with 40s and it is not too loud....

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no cats and straight pipes dumped 12" after the headers:blah: lmao jk If i was going to get an exhaust i might as well go big or go home

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welllllllll I have the Flowmaster 50 series suv, and it is WAY to quiet. Its pretty much stock. Im thinking about switching to a 40 series too just I don't know the difference between 40 and 44. When I bought the 50 series I was looking for a louder exhaust note outside with as little drone in the cab as possible. Well, there certainly wasnt any drone inside...but the exhaust was almost as quiet as stock with MAYBE a 10% increase outside. and on top of that I lost some low range torque. So I'll be watching this post too.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldnt choose any of those options for a new exhaust. I like the retarded loud exhasut. But when i first did my exhaust i started with true dual 40 series and it just wasnt loud enough for me, so i cut the mufflers out and put in straight pipes. The only time it is too loud is when the engine is pegged above 4000rpm. Idleing and nice reasonable speeds it is perfect.

OP
OP

98expy

Reaction score
I am probably going to do exactly what walnuts did. The wall I hit was the pipes. Walnuts did you bend your own pipes to do this? I like the 40s as well. and mudryder you son are CRAZY! straight piped v8 would probably piss a lot of ppl off hahaah. I already have a ear bleeding sound system that i get shit for lol.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am probably going to do exactly what walnuts did. The wall I hit was the pipes. Walnuts did you bend your own pipes to do this? I like the 40s as well. and mudryder you son are CRAZY! straight piped v8 would probably piss a lot of ppl off hahaah. I already have a ear bleeding sound system that i get shit for lol.

It might piss alot of people off if i go out of state, but i live in alabama and at least 3 out of every 5 trucks have crazy loud exaust. Here at auburn my truck is considered quiet and at least 20% of trucks here are way louder than me. But i also have i loud sound system for when my exhaust gets annoying on the highway. But for just around town the exhaust is music to my ears.

OP
OP

98expy

Reaction score
well here in portland oregon owning a truck with straight pipe is like the kiss of death hahahahaha

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have the rear cat delete thru a glass pack with a single exit... nice and loud out side with no drone inside and only cost me 110$ all together