OK one more time - blindspot and RV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jskane125

Reaction score
Ok folks .... I've read other posts on this. When I hook up my trailer I get a message that blind spot and cross traffic are disabled (FYI 2020 Expedition XLT with 202a package). Since then, I have tried in settings to enable blind spot (FYI it works fine when no trailer is hooked up). It will NOT let me check the box. Then in towing, I can put my trailer lenght. But I always get the "No stored blind spot trailers". I have tried every which way. Advice?

IMG_1832.jpeg IMG_1833.jpeg

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a stored trailer? You have to store the length then blis will activate automatically when plugged in.

OP
OP
J

Jskane125

Reaction score
Yes, I've done that, deleted and did it again. I have two stored trailers (same trailer, different names) and length. I'm getting a new trailer (on order) and will delete everything and start over - if it ever comes, delays in production I've heard.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. I think I solved it, but I'll see when I take the trailers out of storage in the next couple of weeks. I'll watch this thread.

10sne1

Reaction score
Watching, same issues here? I figure I’m doing it wrong. Watching

OP
OP
J

Jskane125

Reaction score
Well I think I found the problem. I believe that if you set up the trailer BEFORE you connect it for the first time, it does not ask to setup BLIS. Instructions say you can do that, and finish setup later.

I deleted the trailer and then connected as part of setup. I got the request to setup BLIS, which I did, and it worked. Even in advanced settings for the vehicle BLIS is shown as checked.

I'm not sure that was the problem, but it worked this time. I was pretty sure I did it the first time, and it was working, then later it was not working. Really I'm just not positive either way. But deleting the trailer worked. The only problem is that I have to setup Backup Assist again (I find it ok to use occasionally)

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a stored trailer? You have to store the length then blis will activate automatically when plugged in.
Oh good. I hesitated to have you record yourself adding the trailer but it seemed like a really strange malfunction and more likely an order of operations issue.