opinions on this wheel/ tire combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have this exp
99ExpEB.jpg

I will have 3 inches in the back, and new keys in the front for as close to 2-2.5 inches as I can get, with rancho 9000 shocks, what are your opinions on this wheel and tire combo....how do you think it would look? and could I change something on the truck to make them look better?

mbmstrbmfxl.jpg
SuperSwamperTrXusSTS_Small.jpg

Last edited:

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With all the edges, crevices and geared rim, those wheels look like they would be a ***** to clean and keep clean.

IMO the Expy is all rounded and needs a rounded type wheel to finish it off.
Keeping with your black and silver theme and ease of cleaning, how about something like these from stylintrucks.com:

DC2wheel_23844.jpg

Series171AlloyWheels_6255.jpg

Series136BlackAlloyWheels_6251.jpg

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love those tires but they are not what you would want its too much money to spend to be left with wanting a different tire

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With all the edges, crevices and geared rim, those wheels look like they would be a ***** to clean and keep clean.

Keeping with your black and silver theme and ease of cleaning, how about something like these from stylintrucks.com:

DC2wheel_23844.jpg

rim 3 with goodtear duratrac's?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DC2wheel_23844.jpg

just my $.02..."WRONG"...just because its a rounded truck doesnt mean you should go with a rounded wheel...the wheel you picked looks good...idk about tread pattern on lifted trucks but to me...looks good as well...when picking rims...time to clean them should be in consideration...but if you dont mind the work...then get'em...they wont be difficult to clean...just find the right tools to get in the tight spots and you'll be good...i like simple...classy...but attention bragging wheels...and those are it!!! i'd go with what you pick'd...

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the rims, dont like the tires.... Get some BFGs or toyo Open Country MTs

Spacers are on their way btw. I need to bill your paypal some how. lol that'll happen sometime today
-Been crazy round here the last few days, sorry it took me a little while

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in paypal...do it as a gift...that way they dont make $$$ from the transaction...

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rims I like :flamingdevil: Tires well I like them but not sure you will.. I've heard mixed reviews on them. Also not sure if thats the look your going for? What size are we talking for the tire and rims ? That makes a big difference with the look of thoses tires?

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
first to Robert, thanks a bunch, still no rush. whenever you get to it.

second, To be honest I'm not so concerned with getting on all fours and cleaning them religiously. these are cheaper than replacing my fx4 stock wheels, so I will treat them as I would stock rims, I'll clean them just not every nook and cranny.

third, sorry about the size, I added it to the title of the picture, but it didn't come through.
the rim is a 17x8
and the tire would be a 33x12.50/17

I chose it because it's different looking from EVERYONE who has the BFG. that's cool. but it also performs in mud, sand, loose gravel, rock, snow, and Ice really well.
not many other tires (for the price) can do all those terrains well. and overall those swampers aren't a huge amount more expensive than a comparable size BFG (about $20-$40 per tire)

I live in michigan, and I'm on the road ALL the time. but sometimes those roads are trails, and sometimes I just plain like to take a shortcut. I don't have a winch so I need to make sure my @$$ is covered with my tires, I only get one shot to get something that won't ever leave me hanging, and these tires are rated to do ALL terrains really well, and be quite on the highway and ride comfortable.