Optimum No Rinse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Today was my first time using a rinse less wash and super inpressed. I'd highly recommend everyone try out Optimum No Rinse.. I used this on everything. Glass, paint, tires and wheels

20170507_192812.jpg

20170507_192822.jpg

20170507_192834.jpg

20170507_192845.jpg

20170507_192853.jpg

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
What is the big deal about rinsing off the soap? You have to wet it down, before you wash it. I know rental companies, use a no dry, car wash soap. It dries with no spots. Is this a water-less, car wash? No way, I risk scratching or swirl marking, with these stupid products.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
What is the big deal about rinsing off the soap? You have to wet it down, before you wash it. I know rental companies, use a no dry, car wash soap. It dries with no spots. Is this a water-less, car wash? No way, I risk scratching or swirl marking, with these stupid products.
Part of what this product offers is protection from scratches and swirls if used correctly and the reason professional detailers all over the world use it. After you apply it to the surface it lifts the dirt from the surface so it can be wiped clean with minimal scratching.

Swirls get installed from wiping in a circular motion which you Should never do, always wipe in straight lines no matter what product your using. Also is there a cleaning method that won't produce some light scratching? No there is not!

As far as getting the surface wet before washing, with this product you wet the surface with only ONR mixed with water. Then proceed to with clean a microfiber or big red sponge. The onr provides lubrication as well as lifts the dirt. This is not a substitute for a full detail but more an efficient method for in between details or for people that dont have access to water for car washing

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

knewblewkorvett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These "waterless" car washes are getting to be a big thing on the Corvette Forum. Everyone who tries Chadwick Triple Play raves about it. I'm not convinced and at $80 for the kit, I'm not trying it.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
These "waterless" car washes are getting to be a big thing on the Corvette Forum. Everyone who tries Chadwick Triple Play raves about it. I'm not convinced and at $80 for the kit, I'm not trying it.
For $80 I wouldn't either but $18 for ONR is well worth it!

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
When you could afford a corvette you could afford an $80 wash
Did you just assume I can't afford a Corvette? I have kids man and a Corvette isn't practical for me. So if i owned a Corvette I could justify an $80 rinse less wash? Not really considering it probably just a rebranded cheaper product.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Did you just assume I can't afford a Corvette? I have kids man and a Corvette isn't practical for me. So if i owned a Corvette I could justify an $80 rinse less wash? Not really considering it probably just a rebranded cheaper product.

Not you!! message was intended as a response for knewblewkorvette