Over head display codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thirsty Ford

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the site, I have a 97 Eddie Bauer 5.4 Expedition that does 9.6 miles/gal.

I live in Australia and the car has been converted to right hand drive. I have had the car for 3 years now and have had the injectors cleaned and the throttle body cleaned. Recently I had the spark plugs changed and installed a K&N air cleaner.

Every time I had some work done the consumption seems to be getting worse.

My question is what does the overhead display show. I held the two buttons together E/M and Mode at the same time I turned the ignition on and the display read 011 RL, 003NL, 00.0 FF, 000 SP, 10.6 BL, 106 FL, 00.0 DL, 30/Gal, PAS CP, OFF LD, OFF LP, FF F1, FF F2, 15 N1, 67 N2, 01 N3.

I am hoping that it is diagnostic display that it may display codes to give some answers to why its very thirsty.

If anyone can help will be appreciated.

Frank

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First Welcome to the site ,Second lets see pics !!!
Third I don't think your overhead can give you codes. Did you do a fuel filter after the injector clean? Also what plugs did you put back in her?
I'm sure others will throw you some ideas!

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would guess that it is the K&N filter. With these filters the oil that is required for them fouls up the Mass Airflow and it doesnt get the correct airflow reading.

You would also notice a decline in performance because of the dirty MAS! If this is the problems you are having then clean the MAS with CRC Mass Airflow Sensor Cleaner.

If that doesnt remedy the problem then i would move onto the O2 sensors!

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Welcome to the group

Frank, Welcome to the family...Yes, we defintly want to see some pics of this...how many miles on this truck? you could have some 0-2 sensors acting up...

OP
OP
T

Thirsty Ford

Reaction score
Thanks guys, will get some pics up over the next few days. The exy has been converted to Kilometers and has done 105 000.