Overdrive issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sul62

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2004 Expedition, its my first time i have bought a Ford so im not sure if this is normal or not. When i first started to drive the car the overdrive light was flashing so i got the car serviced changed the oils and filters etc. Now the overdrive light stays on when it is not in use, is this normal? Also everytime when i dont wish to use the overdrive feature must i switch it off. Sorry to sound like a noob.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you hit the end of the gear selector stalk, it will turn the overdrive off and the light will stay illuminated. When OD is on, the light will go out. If it blinks or stays on when in overdrive, something is wrong with the trans.

Alwayz

Reaction score
If you hit the end of the gear selector stalk, it will turn the overdrive off and the light will stay illuminated. When OD is on, the light will go out. If it blinks or stays on when in overdrive, something is wrong with the trans.

+1 to that,..I didn't know what it was until 2 years ago when I read the manual :D