Overhead compass reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On page 52 of the 1997 owners manual is a complete write up of how to do this. I am often surprised by some questions that I read on this forum asking for information that is in owners manuals. Use to have an old saying that was always told to me when I was much younger. When all else fails read the directions

Dude, really? Please stop sounding like a jerk, especially since the OP was just trying to help in the first place.

Just to be clear, I'm not calling you anything, merely pointing out that's what you come off as.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just don't do like I did. I mounted my cellphone holder beneath the mirror. Didn't realize that it has a SMALL magnet to tell the phone to go into the car mode! Really drove me nuts because it wouldn't calibrate until I moved the phone holder. I was worried I would have to find the compass module because it was slightly damaged when the passenger seat caught fire when the rubber EGR hoses carbonized causing an over rich condition which caused the cat converter to get hot enough to melt the wiring under seat causing a short circuit which caused the fire!!!!! Fortunately my nephew was hurt or injured, just had the **** scared out him. Burning foam rubber blacked out ALL the windows better than any film I have seen. Bought the car from him for $500 and have been working on it since.