Overhead console compass is stuck on "N"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRL

Reaction score
I guess I should have added this in with the other post. sorry

The console compass is stuck on North. I thought I saw something on this but couldnt find it anywhere. If anyone knows anything about this I would like to get it fixes asap. The wife uses this like you wouldnt believe. LOL.

Thanks again

Bigray

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try driving a different direction!

Seriously, try calibrating the compass with the directions that are in the owners manual.

I do not think it is related to the light issue you have.

01silvergt

Reaction score
This is the instruction a Ford Tech gave me on reseting the compass.

Hope it helps.

The zone setting is factory pre-set to Zone 8. Check the Compass Calibration Zone map to verify the correct compass zone setting for your geographic location.
Insert an appropriate-diameter rod, preferably non-metallic, into the switch access hole underneath the compass module. Gently press the switch for one to two seconds until ZONE and the current zone setting are displayed.
Release the switch.
Press the switch repeatedly to cycle the display through all possible zone settings. Stop cycling when the correct zone setting for your location is displayed.
Release the switch to exit the zone setting mode.
TEXAS IS ZONE #6
If you need to calibrate it:
Calibration Adjustment
For optimum calibration, turn off all non-essential electrical accessories (rear window defrost, heater/air conditioning, map lamps, wipers, etc.) and make sure all doors are shut.
Drive to an open, level area away from large metallic objects or structures and high voltage lines.
Insert an appropriate-diameter rod, preferably non-metallic, into the switch access hole underneath the compass module. Press gently for two to four seconds until CAL and a direction are displayed.
Release the switch and drive slowly in a circle until CAL disappears from the display (about two to three circles).
The compass is now calibrated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani